Saturday, January 17, 2009

Saturday Trivia #1

I quite enjoy reading trivia, not that I remember much of it. I thought I would just share a few things I unearthed today about humanity:

General "people" facts

Our Lifetime in Numbers


Life expectancy – 78.5 years or 2,475,576,000 seconds-(I hope I make this age!)
Words Spoken in Lifetime - 123,205,750 (wow!)
Friendships – 1,700
Baths – 7,163
Dreams – 104,390
Beef and Veal consumed – 4.5 cows per person
Chickens consumed – 1,201 per person
Potatoes consumed – 5130 pounds
Chocolate – 10,354 bars (seems a lot but I do like choc!)
Baked Beans – 845 cans
Farts – 35,815 liters of wind (I could name someone who might do better than this!)
Soap – 656 bars
Toothpaste – 276 tubes
Deodorant – 272 cans
Shampoo – 198 bottles
Beer – 10,351 pints (don't drink beer)
Wine – 1,694 bottles (but enjoy wine!)
Vomit produced – 149 liters (yuk!)
Sex – 4,239 times (who counts!)
Holidays - 59 trips (wonder if I will make that many in my life time)

So what do you think???
*******************************
More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.(well I never that's a surprise!)

Offered a new pen to write with, 97% of all people will write their own name.(I agree I always write my name!)

Over 80% of professional boxers have suffered brain damage. (I would have thought it might have been higher-not a fan of boxing)

Texas was one of the first states to adopt capital punishment by lethal injection -- in 1977.

The ashes of the average cremated person weigh nine pounds. (I think I might be heavier than average!)

The average bank teller loses about $250 every year.(I'm surprised that seems a lot!)

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.(interesting can't time myself!)

The average person is about a quarter of an inch taller at night.(I wonder why!)

The average person laughs about 15 times a day. (laughing is good for health)

I found a lot more but I thought this was enough for today.

Whatever you are doing enjoy the rest of your weekend



Archives:
2008: Ferry Building Marketplace (San Fransisco)
2007: What a coincidence-I wonder if it's a sign!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 17/1/09 17:09, Blogger Sam said...

I am pretty sure I have already used more than 198 bottles of shampoo

 
At 17/1/09 17:46, Blogger Unknown said...

The amount of words spoken MUST be for women. I suggeast the total for males to be nearer 200,000!

 
At 17/1/09 17:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

John not all women are verbose!

 
At 17/1/09 19:55, Blogger Steffi said...

I wish you a nice weekend,Chris!Sorry please, I don´t have more words today...you know why!
Greetings to Beccy!

 
At 17/1/09 22:44, Blogger Betty said...

Hi Chris,

Nice list of facts and definitely things I did not know. I wonder how many of those bank tellers have to pay back the money they loose?

 
At 17/1/09 23:16, Blogger ChrisB said...

Steffi it must have been a difficult day for you((hugs))


Hi Betty I was wondering exactly the same as you.

 
At 18/1/09 16:52, Blogger Pamela said...

I wonder who is drinking my beer and wine?

 
At 19/1/09 17:57, Blogger Jill said...

If someone gave me a new pen, I would write Hello. I always do. Guess I'm in the odd 3%, also, I think people are taller when they go to bed because they relax, and that stretches out their bodies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home