Thursday, January 15, 2009

Is it too late....

....to save my geranium!...I have been worried that this geranium which was beautiful last summer when it was in full bloom, would not survive outside. Himself insisted that it was OK because it was still flowering until last week. I was not convinced that it should remain out any longer.
We have had terrible frosts and it looked really sorry for itself today, even though there still appears to be a few green leaves. I will be very upset if it does not survive-last year it wintered in our front porch which worked well.


Archives:
2008: Tesco Update
2007: Hosting the Food Cooperative Meeting

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 16/1/09 14:03, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It doesn't look too very promising, but maybe you'll luck out.

 
At 16/1/09 14:08, Blogger willowtree said...

It should have been cut back, it may not be too late, although it should have been cut back after flowering.

 
At 16/1/09 14:48, Blogger karisma said...

It will come back, but like
WT says it should be cut back when it thaws out of course. Such a hardy plant it grows from breaking off a small piece! It will be fine, give it a hair cut in the spring, once its thawed out and warm again!

 
At 16/1/09 16:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't ask me! I can't keep any plant alive.

 
At 16/1/09 16:35, Blogger Beckie said...

Ha - I was going to say the exact opposite of WT. At this point I would leave the leaves on it and cut it back when the weather warms up. I have done that in the past and it has worked. Even after letting the little bugger sit out all winter in the snow and frost.

Yeah - I agree with Karisma!

 
At 17/1/09 05:41, Blogger Pamela said...

I think it will make it.

 
At 17/1/09 06:11, Blogger Debbie said...

No advice or help here...sorry! It looks like any plant after it's been in my care for any length of time.

 
At 17/1/09 16:51, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thanks guys I guess it will be fingers crossed and hope.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home