Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back Ache is no fun!

I've not had a particularly comfortable weekend. After our little problem with the heating on Friday. I had a lot of domestic chores to do on Saturday and would you believe that after doing a lot of bending, wielding the vacuum cleaner, lifting heavy laundry baskets and turning a mattress that weighs a ton (I did have help from Embee for this task) my back suddenly became very painful.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and thought it had cleared but now it's back with a vengeance (pardon the pun). The worse thing seems to be sitting at the computer and yesterday I refused to give and stayed plurking and playing bookworm until I could hardly move (OK I'm an idiot). Today I have been more sensible, Embee drove me to do the grocery shopping and I took a painkiller so this evening my back feels much easier. However, I realise I still need to be very cautious.

I haven't had time to prepare my Fun Monday post yet so I might be a bit late publishing it tomorrow as I have to take my mother to the clinic in the morning, and then I am going to a friend's for lunch.


Archives:
2008: Mamma Mia
2007: Flowering Cactus

Labels:

12 Comments:

At 11/1/09 23:54, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I'm really sorry to hear you've had a weekend experiencing back aches. [[[friendly hugs]]]. If it's a muscular spasm, try Ibuprofen, which helps relax muscles at times like that. Just a thought.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 12/1/09 00:52, Blogger Jan said...

Oh, I'm so sorry, too. Mine went out 10 days ago, so you have my full empathy. Don't worry about FM, post when you can. Poor Baby.

 
At 12/1/09 03:19, Blogger karisma said...

Ouch! Backpain is not fun! I have had years of it! Big hugs to you, I hope you feel better soon.

 
At 12/1/09 06:02, Blogger sillysausage said...

hope you feel better soon mum. Fred has too. Maybe I'll finally be able to persuade him to get a bed instead of sleeping on the floor?

 
At 12/1/09 07:14, Blogger A Spot of T said...

Well that's not good. Ouch :o( Here's hoping for a speedy backache recovery!!

 
At 12/1/09 12:12, Blogger Molly said...

I am sorry that your back hurts. I hope that you are feeling better now. Take care.

I have yet to do my Fun Monday too.

 
At 12/1/09 17:38, Blogger Attie said...

I hope are feeling better!!! I have a backache alot..I have scoliosis and crushed disks...it hurts!!! good day out having a break!!

 
At 12/1/09 18:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no, Chris--that's not good at all! I've had back/neck problems in the past so I can imagine the pain you're in. Hope by today you're feeling some relief.

Sending gentle get well hugs your way :).

 
At 12/1/09 19:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care of yourself!!! Back pain is the worse.

 
At 12/1/09 20:20, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Bookworm...my other guilty pleasure is Big Fish. You can download games for an hour and I tell you the hours can pass by like minutes...
Is it a trapped nerve? Only rest will make it better I'm afraid, as the swelling casues the pain.
(Just call me Doctor Daffy) xx

 
At 12/1/09 21:41, Blogger Faye said...

Oh my, we never realize how important our back is to everything we do until it's injured. Hope you've figured out a strategy to get it healed, Chris. Had a nurse tell me once that back patients were the worst because the pain is so "in their faces."

 
At 12/1/09 22:19, Blogger Barbara said...

Sorry to hear about your back Chris. Hope it clears up soon. On laptops - I love mine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home