Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Witty Wednesday # 79 Adam and Eve's Pets

I was seriously thinking of giving WW a miss but a few of you made me change my mind at least for the time being. I thought you might enjoy this story sent to me by a friend who doesn't have a blog. Not sure the animation is working properly :(

The Story of Adam & Eve's Pets

Adam and Eve said, 'Lord, when we were in the garden, you walked with us every day. Now we do not see you any more. We are lonesome here, and it is difficult for us to remember how much you love us.'

And God said, I will create a companion for you that will be with you and who will be a reflection of my love for you, so that you will love me even when you cannot see me. Regardless of how selfish or childish or unlovable you may be, this new companion will accept you as you are and will love you as I do, in spite of yourselves.'
And God created a new animal to be a companion for Adam and Eve. And it was a good animal. And God was pleased.

And the new animal was pleased to be with Adam and Eve and he wagged his tail.

And Adam said, 'Lord, I have already named all the animals in the Kingdom and I cannot think of a name for this new animal.'

And God said, 'I have created this new animal to be a reflection of my love for you, his name will be a reflection of my own name, and you will call him DOG.'
And Dog lived with Adam and Eve and was a companion to them and loved them.
And they were comforted.
And God was pleased.
And Dog was content and wagged his tail.
After a while, it came to pass that an angel came to the Lord an d said, 'Lord, Adam and Eve have become filled with pride. They strut and preen like peacocks and they believe they are worthy of adoration. Dog has indeed taught them that they are loved, but perhaps too well.'

And God said, I will create for them a companion who will be with them and who will see them as they are. The companion will remind them of their limitations, so they will know that they are not always worthy of adoration.'

And God created CAT to be a companion to Adam and Eve.
And Cat would not obey them. And when Adam and Eve gazed into Cat's eyes, they were reminded that they were not the supreme beings.
And Adam and Eve learned humility.
And they were greatly improved.
And God was pleased . .

And Dog was happy. . . . .


And Cat didn't give a shit one way or the other.... (cat's paw was raised in a gesture-but doesn't seem to be working-why does this happen on some!)


<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
John sent me this ages ago:
Julie Andrews Turns 69, this is hysterical

To commemorate her birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a special appearance at Manhattan 's Radio City Music Hall for the benefit of the AARP.
One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics she used:
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >

(Sing It!) - If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!!

Botox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Cadillacs and cataracts, hearing aids and glasses,
Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
These are a few of my favorite things.

When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
When the knees go bad,
I simply remember my favorite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
These are a few of my favorite things.

Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
When we remember our favorite things.

When the joints ache, When the hips break,
When the eyes grow dim,
Then I remember the great life I've had,
And then I don't feel so bad.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> >
(Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd
that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. True or false it very funny!!

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-48 Pet Parade
2007: Lost Property

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

At 7/1/09 12:37, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Julie Andrews - you are a champion! Thanks for the smiles!!!

 
At 7/1/09 13:06, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Gotta love the DOG and CAT joke. Gotta loves the critters, especially cats.

 
At 7/1/09 14:11, Blogger FH said...

We LOVE dogs, not fond of cats though!
Happy new year Chris.
Long live Julie Andrews, love her and her lyrics are so true! :D

 
At 7/1/09 14:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hi Asha Happy New year to you and your family. Hope you had a good holiday and that the refurbishing is going well.

 
At 7/1/09 17:42, Blogger Unknown said...

Chris, you better hadn't stop WW !

xx Enjoy the recipe!

 
At 7/1/09 19:43, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

She rocks :)..... love the cats and dogs...

x

 
At 7/1/09 23:58, Blogger FH said...

Hi Chris, just read your comment. No, you are not nosy at all! :D
You are very lucky to have a wonderful circle of good friends and family to share all these which I enjoy as well.
I enjoyed sharing too until few weeks ago, I had a bit of trouble from a local person(stranger to me but works with my hubby) who read my blogs and thought she is "my best friend" and started coming home without being invited,asking lot of personal q's and once even when I wasn't home ran around my bedroom to see the bathrooms which made my son upset too!
That's when I got really agitated and made the photo blog private, deleted all the personal photo. It's scary when somebody gets into your life without caring about other person's privacy.
Email me, so I can invite you to my photo blog. You can see lot of renovation pics I posted there, which I would love to share with you! :))

 
At 8/1/09 02:32, Blogger storyteller said...

What fun! I've seen both of these before, but I enjoyed them all the same today. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 8/1/09 04:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, they are both terrific.

 
At 8/1/09 06:41, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to see WW still up and running over here.

Love the dog and cat story.

We just watched "Sound of Music" this past weekend and were wondering how old Julie Andrews was when she made that movie.

Do you know? I guess I could do the math if I could remember when the movie came out. 1965?

Lyrics are hysterical. Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head, you dork.

 
At 8/1/09 12:09, Blogger Steffi said...

I love the picture of the sweet puppies!

 
At 8/1/09 14:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dog and cat is brilliant! And I love Julie Andrews, fabulous song!

 
At 8/1/09 16:30, Blogger Pamela said...

I've seen that song before. It sure is on target.

I watched Sound of Music on classic channel a week or so ago.

I was startled. why? Because the lead (Plummer) looked young to me. I recall watching that movie in a drive in theater when I was probably 16. My thoughts were --WHY WOULD SHE MARRY THAT OLD MAN--
and now, I think he is a handsome young hunk. bwaaa ha ha ha ha.

Age sure changes one's perspective.

 
At 8/1/09 17:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You always put a mile on my face!!! I love the dog and cat one!!! and the animation is cute!! and what a hoot Julie A is!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home