Saturday, September 12, 2009

Wish I was this brave!

Beccy is getting impatient because she came to read today's post and she had to look at yesterday's banana bread. You now know who hates bananas! The amusing thing is she loved them as a baby.
What I'm sharing today is that at long last the piece of fascia board, that came off in a storm way back at the beginning of the year, is finally being replaced. I have been waiting for my neighbour, he's a carpenter, to do it all summer and finally the scaffold arrived yesterday evening. It really isn't a big a big job but as the house is around 65 feet high it can't safely be done from a ladder.
John was here at 8am and soon got down or should that be up to work! I took a couple of pictures. Embee is away and won't be back until this evening so I know he'll be wanting to see how things went.

John(my neighbour) was up there at sunset yesterday and he said the view was amazing, now if only I was brave enough to climb up the vertical ladders, alas I'm not well I don't think I am!!!

John had just told me he can see a joint in the guttering that is leaking but it's not within reach which is a nuisance so it will have to stay as it is for now. He's clearing a bit of moss in the areas he can reach so that will be a good job done.
We then have to keep our fingers crossed that we don't get any other problems this coming winter.

Archives:
2008: Not a lot to say
2007: Witty Wednesday-19

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 12/9/09 13:18, Blogger karisma said...

Aha! Well there you go! I also got the banana bread when I came by! LOL! I should have come back before asking silly questions on facebook hey?

 
At 12/9/09 14:59, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yikes! Glad it's not me up there.

 
At 12/9/09 22:23, Anonymous Swampy said...

I'm getting dizzy just looking at the photol

 
At 13/9/09 00:10, Anonymous wendishness said...

Wow...that's just too high!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home