Thursday, September 03, 2009

September Sunrise

This morning I woke up to what I thought was flashing lights showing through the curtains. When I got up to investigate, I realised that it was the sun shining through the trees on the opposite side of the road. The wind was so strong the trees were moving in front of the sun and this caused a dappled effect. I got my camera and took a few shots; as we overlook a main road and I couldn't very well open the windows so I took the pictures through my rather grubby windows. I was just finishing getting dressed when the door bell rang and it was the window cleaner...could have been embarrassing! He forgets that I no longer work and don't have to get up so early, I think I'm his first call of the day.
Now I'm waiting for the rain...because it always rains the day my windows are cleaned but so far the wind has kept it away...and I can see out much more easily. Only trouble is I need to clean the insides now. What do they say make hay while the sun shines...I prefer never do today what can be put off until tomorrow!!

Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-63 Helicopter Ride
2007: Have you played at Google Earth

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 3/9/09 17:08, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure the light display was a fine way to wake up.

 
At 3/9/09 18:50, Anonymous Swampy said...

Procrastination is the bad habit of putting off until the day after tomorrow what should have been done the day before yesterday...

Lovely photos.

 
At 3/9/09 20:37, Blogger Jill said...

I can't imagine hiring someone to clean the windows. But I suppose here we always say when you wash your car it's guaranteed to rain.

 
At 5/9/09 16:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC much better than having rain beating on the window!

Swampy good one. LOL

Jill Our upstairs windows are so high off the ground we couldn't reach them (old Victorian hse). I can do the bottom panes from inside but not the top. I get it done about every 6 wks.

 
At 6/9/09 17:03, Blogger Amrita said...

These pix bring freshness into the room

 

Post a Comment

<< Home