Tuesday, September 01, 2009

It's difficult setting up home!

Yesterday Embee was pruning the loganberry bush and tying up the new shoots for next year and look what he found......
.....we have a little Blackbird who spends a lot of time down near these bushes and now we understand why! He clearly thought a nest above where I feed the tortoises was the ideal spot. It never got finished, however, that didn't stop the blackbird taking the fruit whenever he got the chance. Very poor photo but this is the possible squatter, funny thing though, I don't recall seeing the female!

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-81 Blogging Environment
2007: Nice Matters

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 1/9/09 14:20, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I've got a small birds nest in one of my gutter spaces here. it's been there for about four seasons now, and i haven't touched it. And yes, they come back to the same nest each time. they don't hassle me, so i won;t hassle them. it's a nice sound. I'm glad Spring is back here, because they'll be back again soon.

 
At 1/9/09 15:37, Blogger Unknown said...

We have a female Blackbird still feeding chicks!

 
At 1/9/09 16:51, Anonymous Swampy said...

So, would that be called a Bachelor Padnest?

 
At 1/9/09 17:00, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good grief! That just has to be a male's nest.

 
At 1/9/09 23:51, Blogger Pamela said...

as long it is isn't a starling --
we've got those invasive starlings being pesky.

 
At 2/9/09 03:59, Anonymous Kila said...

LOL, Anvilcloud typed my thoughts!

 
At 2/9/09 04:39, Anonymous Kila said...

Your post reminded me to post a "bird" photo of my own!

 
At 2/9/09 10:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mal it's good they come back each year, it's only recently that I've enjoyed watching the birds.

john did you get any photos?

Swampy LOL very good.

Ac just what Kila and I thought LOL

Pamela the magpies have scared away all our starlings.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home