Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seen on Sunday

When we popped to the Almondsbury Garden Centre on Sunday afternoon we happened to notice these. I think they look rather like octopus (or should I say octopuses!) what do you think? No prizes but who knows what plant they are!

Just a few hundred yards from the entrance to the garden centre I got Embee to stop so that I could take some pictures of the view looking across to the River Severn. It was a particularly clear day and there was a good view of the Severn Bridge.

You might not be able to see the river very easily (a small ribbon of blue towards the left side of the picture just beneath the hills).

I tried to get a closer view but my little point and shoot doesn't do that good a job, and I should have altered the blue in the picture below because it didn't really look that colour.


Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-84
2007: Ladies who lunched
2006: Relax and enjoy

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

At 22/9/09 15:42, Anonymous Kila said...

Beautiful photos.

I think the first one looks like alien people, LOL.

 
At 22/9/09 18:50, Blogger Pamela said...

okay ... what are those plants? I'm sure I've never seen anything like them before.

 
At 22/9/09 18:53, Blogger Beccy said...

Very weird plants!

 
At 22/9/09 20:36, Anonymous wendishness said...

You sure those were caught in the River Severn? LOL weird indeed!

 
At 22/9/09 22:43, Anonymous Janis said...

Those are very weird plants, never seen anything like them. Great view over the countryside.

 
At 23/9/09 01:20, Blogger willowtree said...

So if you went to the river two days in a row would that mean you were at home at five "and severn at sixes". nevermind...

 
At 23/9/09 01:57, Blogger Sandy said...

it's the amazing creepy, scary, crawly-looking plant! Great photos.

 
At 23/9/09 11:23, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT now are you trying to confuse my old brain cells LOL.
The answer is on witty weds post 23/9

 
At 23/9/09 12:23, Blogger karisma said...

They kinda look like some sort of grass roots. I saw something similar out and about today although a bit smaller. It was a tuft of dry looking grass with roots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home