Tuesday, September 15, 2009

China # 17 Summer Palace Imperial Garden in Beijing

This is just inside the entrance of the Summer Palace.


A view across the lake.


The Marble Boat

The Long Corridor

All the murals were really beautiful. We walked this 'Long Corridor' which the Empress apparently did after every meal.

We had a ride across the lake in a Dragon Boat.

There wasn't enough time to walk across The 17-Arch Bridge but we did get a good view after the boat ride. It's the biggest bridge in the Summer Palace, being 150 metres long, 8 metres wide, connecting the Octagonal Tower in the East and the South Lake Isle in the south.

This is another place I would have liked to have spent longer exploring as it really was beautiful.



Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-83 Everything is useful
2007: Random Acts of Kindness + Random Acts Kindness-2

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 15/9/09 12:16, Blogger willowtree said...

The trouble with those photos of China is that 20 minutes later I feel like looking at some more! hahahaha!!

 
At 15/9/09 16:33, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT I can't believe I've managed so many posts out of one holiday. There are still a few more to go so you'll have to keep coming back!

 
At 15/9/09 17:47, Blogger Amrita said...

Really beautiful.
Chinese gardens are famous the world over.

 
At 15/9/09 18:18, Anonymous nikki said...

Wonderful pictures!

 
At 15/9/09 21:27, Blogger Beccy said...

Looks amazing mum, I think I'd quite to visit there.

 
At 16/9/09 01:36, Anonymous Janis said...

Great photos, China is a beautiful country.

 
At 16/9/09 03:52, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a place. My inlaws will be heading there this winter.

 
At 16/9/09 13:23, Blogger karisma said...

Lovely pictures! I have finally posted my Fun Monday!

 
At 20/9/09 01:03, Anonymous wendishness said...

Beautiful! Thing is, each time I see these photos I feel like getting my sketch book out!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home