Saturday, September 22, 2007

Ladies who Lunched!

Retail Therapy is just what mother ordered yesterday, the day after Fred flew to Paris to see his family and friend's. I think I've said before, that I've always thought I could get used to being a lady who lunches, or maybe it's the novelty because it's always a treat when one of the girls visits. Sam was last in England in 2005 so being able to go shopping together is not something we get to do very often. Sam came home with quite a few new items for her wardrobe and I had a great time helping her choose everything.
We had lunch in Marks and Spencer's newish Deli bar at The Mall which is only a couple of miles from where I live. There are only a few bar seats and it's very popular so getting a seat is not easy but on our second attempt we only had to queue for a few minutes.
I was driving so I had to stick to cranberry juice but I did take a sip of Sam's Prosecco. We decided to each order different dishes and share, which worked well. The Welsh Rarebit was made with melted Taw Valley cheddar cheese and English mustard. The Oakham chicken was served with roast vegetables and fresh pesto in a toasted olive oil flat bread. As you can see from the photos we probably should have shared just one meal as this was only meant to be a light lunch, but we did manage to leave our plates clean!! We arrived home around 6pm all shopped out but Embee revived us with some more champagne!!

Postscript: If you have time please pop over to Sam's (link above) to see what else we are doing!
Archives:
September 22th 2006: Relax and Enjoy

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 22/9/07 23:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I the only one not seeing the pictures?

 
At 23/9/07 07:26, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Sounds like you had a good time - I didn't get to see the pics too! :-(
BTW, happy blogovesary!!

 
At 23/9/07 07:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT and LBM That's strange they come up immediately on mine. Not sure what the problem is!

 
At 23/9/07 08:26, Blogger katy said...

i can see the pics and my i wish i couldnt cause i am hungry and it is only 8.30 am!
retail thereapy sounds great to me and spending time with your daughter - priceless

 
At 23/9/07 13:11, Blogger Beccy said...

Lunch looks good, I wish I was there!

 
At 23/9/07 15:42, Blogger sallywrites said...

Wow that looks good!!

 
At 23/9/07 20:20, Blogger frannie said...

for some reason the pictures aren't up on my screen...

 
At 23/9/07 20:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie I don't know why they weren't showing so I have reposted them hope you can see them now.

 
At 24/9/07 04:45, Blogger my4kids said...

retail therapy is always my favorite!! I'm seeing the pics just fine and ooh their making me hungry!!

 
At 24/9/07 06:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep, now I can see them fine!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home