Sunday, September 16, 2007

How to relax!!!!




I don't have much time today, so this is a very short post. After completing the cross word in the sunday paper Embee has been pottering in the garden. He has been pruning and tidying up the plants, the tomatoes are refusing to ripen unless I bring them indoors despite a lovely warm sunny spell, so it could be more green tomato chutney this year, although I still have some from last year so maybe that's not a good idea!! We have put in a couple more sedum plants as the tortoises will eat these and I wanted to provide them with more variety. I am also attempting to grow more herbs in troughs as we have very little growing space. So I hope this is successful.

But the best bit of this Sunday is that my daughter Sam and Fred have arrived safely in London, after their long flight from San Francisco. They are staying in a hotel overnight, I have spoken to her via Skype and they are feeling rather tired so are hoping to get a nap before meeting up with a friend. They will be coming here, tomorrow, after Sam has sorted out her visa at the American Embassy so as you can imagine we are quite excited as it is over a year since I last saw them when we met up in New York. It's even longer since Embee and my mother last saw them. So I'd best get on with all my preparations! Hope you've had a relaxing weekend :)

Labels: , ,

16 Comments:

At 16/9/07 15:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy your visit with Sam!

 
At 16/9/07 16:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

thanks karmyn

 
At 16/9/07 18:00, Blogger Unknown said...

I got three words, woman:

Fried
Green
Tomatoes.

(okay a few more: they are scrumptious!! and it's what my grandmother does when she has as surplus of tomatoes that aren't ripening up very quickly)

 
At 16/9/07 18:08, Blogger Unknown said...

Enjoy your time with Sam.

 
At 16/9/07 18:14, Blogger ChrisB said...

tiger lamb girl I've never tried frying green toms so any other tips such as what does your grandmother add?spices.

 
At 16/9/07 21:47, Blogger Dea said...

Hope you have a wonderful time with Sam!!! Agree with TLG - definitely try fried green tomatoes - so good!!!

 
At 17/9/07 01:36, Blogger ~ej said...

your garden looks lovely, hope the rest of the tomatoes ripen nicely! ours at the end of their season too.

and enjoy your time with sam :-)

 
At 17/9/07 02:40, Blogger Wendster said...

How nice that you have your daughter visiting! I will definitely have to come back to your blog, because I am hoping to see some photos that most people don't see of London. I have never been to any part of Europe.
I LOVED LOVED LOVED your pig! It's WAY CUTE! Way cuter than mine. Although, I agree with you about they way their little tails LIE. ha. And you have tortoises? I used to have TWO ... a gentleman and a lady, but they BOTH ESCAPED MY FENCE! So sad! I think the lawn guys left it open. Never found them. Sigh. Well ... enjoy your daughter's visit. I like your blog. I will be back!

 
At 17/9/07 03:37, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I hope you have a lovely visit with Sam and Fred.

 
At 17/9/07 07:23, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Yum!
Have a great week with your daughter!

 
At 17/9/07 10:06, Blogger ChrisB said...

wendster thanks for the kind words. My tortoises are 1 male 2 female, mine would go walkabout if I gave then the chance! See you again.

 
At 17/9/07 14:08, Blogger Steffi said...

Have a great time with your daughters and enjoy it ;O)!

Very nice autumn plants!

 
At 17/9/07 14:37, Blogger frannie said...

fried green tomatoes!


I hope that you have a wonderful time with Sam!

 
At 18/9/07 06:04, Blogger Pamela said...

my mom "fried green tomatoes"... I wasn't very impressed. Chutney sounds a little more exciting.

Have an anjoyable visit.
make Sam cook, take pictures.

We didn't get our tomatoes staked up this year and they mostly went to the slugs.

 
At 18/9/07 07:19, Blogger my4kids said...

have fun with Sam and Beccy

 
At 20/9/07 20:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi happy blogday. Did you get anything for the tomatoes. Mine are the same still green

 

Post a Comment

<< Home