Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What do you do when.....

You wake up and find you have no internet connection so if anyone wonders, which I'm sure they didn't, why I did not post yesterday this is the reason. Worst still I could not do Willowtree's Trivia Quiz. So what did I do instead, well I took my mother to to our local Mall as she wanted to do a bit of shopping and although I would have been quicker by myself I thought it would be good for her to do her own shopping and have a coffee out. She decided to buy some clothes but would not try them on until she got home and they don't fit properly which means I have to make a return trip to take them back. Also no blogging meant I buckled down and did a bit of cleaning so the house is looking a bit tidier.
I'm sorry I did not get to respond to my Fun Monday comments but I do appreciate all the visits so I'll say a BIG thank you here.
I'm not going to get into any more debate about the Fun Monday Logo. As someone who has participated most weeks since it started, back in January, I will keep my own counsel. I will say that I have had a lot of fun participating in what was a glimpse into each others lives and I have got to read a lot of new blogs. However, as a mother I'm very protective of my family and I was upset for my daughter. Also Dillon was pretty cross with me when I played around with his logo and added my own words- but he did forgive me!

I know today should be my Witty Wednesday post and I will prepare something later as I've literally just got back online and the first thing I'm doing is writing this. A friend has just rung me and she wants me to take her to the cashncarry and I only have about 20 mins before she arrives. So I'll see you all later.

14 Comments:

At 12/9/07 13:08, Blogger Beccy said...

Glad you got your connection back.

 
At 12/9/07 14:14, Blogger frannie said...

glad you are back up!

and you are right to support and protect your family! they are a wonderful family and deserve it! :)

 
At 12/9/07 14:23, Blogger FH said...

I was wondering yesterday about your post too. Glad you are okay!:))
No Fun Monday for you either! What happened?
Have a great day Chris:)

 
At 12/9/07 14:59, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

sounds like you have a busy day.

 
At 12/9/07 16:35, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy But I only got my email back this pm!!

Frannie I can be a mean momma with her cubs and grandcubs!!

Asha I've now put up a Witty Weds.

LBM I have just got back from a swim and I am having a much needed rest!

 
At 12/9/07 17:06, Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering where you were yesterday. Glad all is well.

(I didn't know there was any kerfuffle over the FM logo...hopefully it's resolved!)

 
At 12/9/07 17:16, Blogger ChrisB said...

TLG I think it's all water under the bridge now.

 
At 12/9/07 18:29, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you made good use of your time. My connection went out and on and out and on while I was trying to do my fun monday post. :( I stayed at my router poking buttons and cursing. You are better than I.

 
At 12/9/07 20:42, Blogger Barbara said...

What a nightmare..no internet connection. Glad you are back up and I enjoyed the jokes.

 
At 12/9/07 23:12, Blogger Jill said...

yep missed you!

 
At 13/9/07 00:57, Blogger my4kids said...

Sorry your internet was down! That drives me nuts.
By the way I happen to love Dillons fun monday logo as it goes perfectly with my blog!

 
At 13/9/07 15:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you were able to wisely fill your time while internet-less!
I admire your diplomacy regarding the Fun Monday issue, but of course you have to feel some protectiveness!
It seems it was all straightened out, so hopefully that's that.
I will miss Beccy very much on Mondays!

 
At 13/9/07 17:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris,

1) I can relate to your internet frustrations! Mine is constantly in and out :/. Glad you were able to get back to it.

2) YAAAAAAAEEEEE! I received my "biscuits" :). I actually received them the other day, but failed to let you know b/c I have been in meetings the past several days with very limited time online.

Thank you, my family thanks you, and even a friend who got to share in the "fun" (she was here when I was eating them). Now, I've got to get my PIF in the mail!

3) I caught wind of the FM thing...it made me sad from every angle :/. And I can't help but hope Beccy changes her mind in time, she always had a lot to add (of course, I'm behind in my FMs even and have commented/read very few this week :/).

 
At 14/9/07 08:12, Blogger ChrisB said...

lisa's chaos I think I was just lucky as I'm generally pretty useless with computers.

barbara it put me in withdrawal mode!!

lil mouse why thank you.

my4kids dillon will be pleased to know that.

lisa it can be easier to mis-interpret things when you are not face to face.

robin you'll catch up and bloggers are an understanding bunch of buddies so don't worry about delay in posting PIF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home