Saturday, September 08, 2007

Meme

Amy over at A family Story tagged me for this meme:

"You must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog."


So here goes (I'm glad it's not my first name which is way too long).

M= MELODRAMATIC- MOUNTAINS OUT OF MOLEHILLS- surely that's not me! well Embee says 'I am and I do' but I don't see things the same way as he does. I might get a bit OTT when I find he has left the cellar light on overnight or the door unlocked or the fridge door is not properly closed (that could be my mother), but I think I'm justified.

A =ABSTEMIOUS- well I don't drink a lot. I am an Adoring grandma and I'm emmensly proud of my three grand children's Achievements. I did wonder if I'm Accomplished as I cook a little, compute a little and garden a little but that's for others to judge!!

R=RELIABLE-I like to think that I'm a good supportive friend who does not let people down. If I say I will do something you can consider it done even if it takes a while like memes!

Y = YEARNING I have a really strong yearning to travel and see a lot more of the world before I get too old and 'the insurance gets too high'! Of course now I have all the time in the world I have a very limited income. So who wants to offer me accommodation ?(only joking). I am going to San Fransico for thanks giving so I have that to look forward to. Oh and although the body and mind might be aging I'm still Young at heart.

I decided to bend the rules a bit mainly because everything I was saying Embee was not exactly disagreeing but was putting in his two penneth so I decided to give you my take on his middle name (am I being M!?!?):

P = he would say he's Poetic I would say Pompus and Pedantic

E= I would say Egotistical (sometimes)

T= Teetotal he is not and he can't disagree with that!

E= Eating- does he live to eat ot eat to live I will leave you to ponder this one!!

R= he would say he likes ROQUEFORT cheese, he is Really quite good at making up Riddles and Rhymes (I might agree if he were to bribe me with a bar of choc or a new bathing costume). I would say he is Reticent because he is often Reluctant to discuss things when I want to!

I know lots of people don't like meme so I will be won't be offended if you don't play along but just for fun I have tagged bloggers who begin with the letters of my name.

M mommoto3cubs Kila
A a day in the life of..Emma
R RobinPensieve
Y Yaxlick The World of

PS I haven't checked if any of you have already been tagged for this.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 8/9/07 16:53, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chris! Thanks for thinking of me :) (and give me a little time, this looks like it could be fun).

 
At 8/9/07 16:59, Blogger Beccy said...

Laughing at pompus and pedantic but saying nothing!

 
At 8/9/07 21:02, Blogger Unknown said...

Making a Mountain out of a molehill?

I wish you could catch the little sod that's digging our garden up!!

 
At 8/9/07 21:31, Blogger Molly said...

I think that you are rather smart to use the word ABSTEMIOUS. I did take the quiz that you mentioned in the prior post. I was suspicious that they asked for my gender and race? Were the questions geared towards ethnicity? Well, I always find that stuff to be great fun anyways.

 
At 8/9/07 23:26, Blogger my4kids said...

ABSTEMIOUS? I don't even know what that means.....

I love that you did Embee's middle name also...hehe Becci's not talking...

 
At 8/9/07 23:41, Blogger ChrisB said...

robin you really don't need to feel you must do it:)

beccy I take from that you agree with me!

john I think embee has a solution I will ask him tomorrow.

mjd yes I wonder why they need that sort of info.

terri beccy not talking would be a first!!

 
At 9/9/07 02:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, you did mine for me and I don't need to change anything!

 
At 9/9/07 06:53, Blogger Pamela said...

I was about to comment - and then saw Willowtree's.
I can't follow that. No way.

 
At 9/9/07 07:31, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

LOL! I didn't know that word exist too! ABSTEMIOUS....

 
At 9/9/07 08:50, Blogger ChrisB said...

WT glad to oblige!!

Pamela as I was writing it WT did flit into mind!!

LBM I knew the word but I did need to check I'd spelt it correctly!!

 
At 9/9/07 10:42, Blogger Beccy said...

*saying nothing*

 
At 9/9/07 17:57, Blogger sallywrites said...

Gosh! glad you didn't tag me Chris! My middle name is Margaret....

 
At 9/9/07 23:28, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm just wondering when Beccy's gonna lose her resolve to say nothing.

 
At 10/9/07 08:36, Blogger ChrisB said...

sally I may not have tagged you but you could always do it. After all a long name gives you more scope!!!

TLG I think she might stay firm on this one!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home