Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Book Swap

Emma very kindly hosted a book swap a few weeks ago and today I was delighted when a parcel arrived with not one but three books. How lucky is that, one of the books is actually for my daughter Sam who lives in San Francisco. The books came all the way from, Natalie, in Florida and you can find her over at BarknKnit. I find Natalie also writes at The world according to Gnat so she is one busy lady as far as blogging is concerned, and she knits and quilts, oh and I do believe she might like dogs!
Natalie says she lived in SF for 4 and a half years and found 'The Golden gate Trailblazer' a useful book and it's full of ideas for walks, bikes etc in SF and Marin. I have not read the two novels 'The Secret Life of Bees' by Sue Monk Kidd and 'Flowers for Algernon' by Daniel Keys so I'm really looking forward to some great reading now the evenings are drawing in. You will see in the photo Natalie also sent me one of her knitted bookmarks- so a BIG THANK YOU Natalie I consider myself to be very fortunate. Sam is also delighted you thought of her-however, I'm not so sure I can say the same of, Fred, (Sam's partner) that might be just a little too much excercise!!

Also a big thank you to Emma for organising this book swap I'm sure everyone will agree it's been great fun and lovely to be introduced to new authors.

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

At 18/9/07 23:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Avast ye scurvy book readin' bilge rat, Cap'n Willow ain't gots no time fer words on paper, but I is a might partial to magazines full o' scantily dressed wenches.

 
At 18/9/07 23:42, Blogger Natalie Rush said...

I'm so glad you like your package!!! I'm surprised it got there so fast. I was worried you may have already read these books but it's good to know that you haven't. The bookmark was a last minute idea and my first I've made. Tell Fred that there are some short walks in there too. :) and tell them both that San Fransisco was my favorite place to live.

Your very welcome for the package it was my pleasure,

Natalie

 
At 19/9/07 02:06, Blogger my4kids said...

I wish I had been able to participate in this one but it fell right during our move and wouldn't have worked looks like you got some good books though!

 
At 19/9/07 05:37, Blogger Pamela said...

a knitted book mark...
glad it wasn't a thong.
(Oh I couldn't resist that giggle)

Let us know if the books are a good read.

 
At 19/9/07 08:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

cap'n ye'll av ter bi yer own

pamela very funny LOL

gnat thanks again x

my4kids shame you couldn't join in but I'm sure there will be a next time.

 
At 19/9/07 10:13, Blogger la bellina mammina said...

Looks like great books. Mine arrived yesterday and I'll blog about it tomorrow.

 
At 19/9/07 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed this exchange, I love to read.
The Secret Life of Bees is a great book!
(Now go play with your daughters!)
:)

 
At 19/9/07 18:57, Blogger frannie said...

great books!

 
At 20/9/07 05:44, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I loved Flowers for Algernon, we had to read it in highschool. I would definitely put it amongst my favourites.

How lucky your package arriving while Sam was visiting!

 
At 20/9/07 19:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats funny seems as if there are three books for everyone i sent of three i received three;) hope you enjoy!!

 
At 20/9/07 22:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

LBM I will be over to read your post soon.

emma it was brilliant as sam can take it back with her.

Wolfbaby I only sent one book and I'm now thinking I didn't really give it enough thought.

 
At 21/9/07 15:12, Blogger Kaytabug said...

I too read Flowers for Algernon in High school and it is a favorite of mine!
I only sent more than one book as I wanted to include children! Lisa's Chaos and I have our swap posts up too. I know Emma is updating her sidebar this weekend...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home