Saturday, September 19, 2009

Are we fit for hibernation!!

Yesterday the tortoises were enjoying some September sunshine, as you can see from the photo below. This is a pose you've seen before and one of their favourite spots at this time of the year as they can catch the sun.....

Today they were being examined to make sure they are healthy....

They allowed their mouths to be inspected. All three were said to be in good health...

Then it was time to get them weighed........

Just to make sure they have gained enough to see them through their winter hibernation....

Finally they get measured....

All was well but they do get quite stressed being taken out of their home environment...how do I know...lets just say I had a lot of poopy newspaper to clear up...LOL

Archives:
2008: Booze'n'Book
2007: Witty Wednesday-20

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 19/9/09 23:45, Blogger Unknown said...

It's so grand to see your tortoises - I hope they are more relaxed now that they are back home.

 
At 20/9/09 00:22, Blogger willowtree said...

It doesn't seem that long ago that you were trying to get them to eat after their hibernation. Time sure does fly when you get older.

 
At 20/9/09 01:10, Blogger wendishness said...

Wow...this is a great catch up I'm having, China AND the tortoises (my two favourites). You may have said before but I'm afraid I don't remember - how long have you had them?

I had a giggle seeing them weighed though - upside down.

AND today's word verification is squist which I imagine they may have done on the newspaper on the way back from the vet ;-)

 
At 20/9/09 11:06, Blogger Beccy said...

I remember how much they hate bing on their backs, it's good they've gained enough weight for hibernation.

 
At 21/9/09 13:42, Blogger Steffi said...

Oh your tortoises!I agree with the first comment...

 
At 21/9/09 16:35, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my oh my you have tortoises, how very lucky you are....

RIP socrates LOL

x

 
At 21/9/09 16:37, Blogger Pamela said...

Our goldfish go into a sort of stasis during the colder months -- so we don't have to feed them, etc.

It's like having a part time pet, yes?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home