Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fun Christmas Meme

First of all I want to make a big apology for not having visited all the Fun Monday participants. I will try and visit as many of you as possible because I don't like missing out on the fun.

Secondly I had intended that this post would be about taking my mother out for lunch but we didn't get back until late afternoon and I've had no time to download the photos!

So instead I'm going to challenge you all to this meme that I got around Christmas last year when it was too late to post it and it has been sitting in my drafts ready for this year.
At the time I made a note that Lisa sent it...but which one!!! not a hundred percent sure so sorry for no link.

Christmas:


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? mainly wrapping paper with the occasional gift bag

2. Real or Fake Tree? No longer real for the past three years it has been fake; sad but mainly for economy and saving trees

3. When do you put up the tree? Only in the few days leading up to Christmas

4. When do you take the tree down? January 2nd

5. Do you like eggnog? I can take or leave it!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can remember getting several books one year and I still have everyone of them over 55 years later!

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No I don't -I think when the children were very young we had a home made one.

8. Favorite Christmas memory? Too many to mention but they all revolve around my children and grandchildren. Oh and maybe Christmas tea at my grannies house(early 50's)-she made the biggest trifle which was such a treat!

9. Person you consider the Queen or King of Christmas? Jesus naturally.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? I've had a few but I remember padded coat hangers, oh and bath cubes~ I don't suppose they even make these nowadays.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail -however I know that I should be helping the environment so maybe I should rethink!!!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I'll go back to an early one 'White Christmas'

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? When I know what people would like~ we don't do surprises in our family! I have still not got everything and there' s not long to go!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Don't tell but yes!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas lunch (turkey) with all the trimmings.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? I have both but prefer my red and gold sets.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Favourite Carol is Away in a Manger but Song Chris Rhea~ Driving Home for Christmas. When I was working I always heard this on the radio as I drove home on Christmas Eve.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay at home and usually Beccy and family come here.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Oh dear, no~ is that terrible of me, I do remember Rudolph!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel had it for years

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Food shopping to find the shelves half empty!

23. What I love most about Christmas? Watching my grandchildren open their presents.

24. Tradition you've started with your family? When the girls were young we always played tennis but now it's a Family walk on Boxing .

If you are looking for a post topic give this a try!



Archives:
Dec 2007: I'm not singing in the rain
Dec 2006: Mijas

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 10/12/08 12:35, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Books for 55 years? Amazing! Have a good day.

 
At 10/12/08 19:03, Blogger Beckie said...

I have seen this meme around - I've enjoyed your answers!

 
At 10/12/08 22:24, Blogger karisma said...

Great! Now I feel even slacker as I have still not got off my bum in any preparation for the big day! Maybe I should do this one it might get me motivated! LOL!

 
At 10/12/08 23:14, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC sad to say I'm a horder

Beckie I saw a few people do it last year!

Karisma I'm not sure it got me motivated but it helped me fill a spot when I didn't have much time to write the planned post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home