Monday, December 08, 2008

Happy Birthday to my mother on Fun Monday # 94


I haven't really got time to participate properly in Fun Monday today even though Marmalang is really urging us to get into the Christmas spirit. This is what she wants to know

It's the Christmas season, and I want you to tell us what are your three favorite Christmas Carols and a picture of your favorite Christmas "thing". It could be a Christmas tree, or your mantle, or a church, you in a Santa hat.

I can very quickly tell you three of my favourite Christmas Carols

1 O Little Town of Bethlehem

2 While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks (this was favourite at school because we changed the words-did anyone else do that {while Shepherds washed their dirty socks}!

3 Away in a Manger

I haven't put up any decorations or got my tree up so sorry no photos instead I share a picture of the Birthday girl!


Today my mother is 85 years young. This is a photo I took last week after I had taken her to the hairdressers as a birthday treat.

I'm about to leave for the airport to collect Beccy who is coming to surprise her granny.
However, I think we might well be taking a trip to the doctors because yesterday my mother tripped in the hall and scraped a large area of skin from her shin. I put a dressing on it but she wants the nurse to check it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUM

Archives:
2007: My Mother is Celebrating her Birthday
2006: Birthday Girl

Labels: , , , ,

25 Comments:

At 8/12/08 06:48, Blogger Sam said...

That is just an amazing photo of granny. Oh how I wish I could just fly over to surprise her too. Sorry about the fall - I hope it is nothing too serious. Have fun, my ladies, without me. Love you all...xxx

 
At 8/12/08 06:52, Blogger Sam said...

I just showed Frederic the photo - he said "I love your grandmother, she's the best grandmother in the world"


HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANNY from both of us in San Francisco.

xxxxxxx

 
At 8/12/08 07:37, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Happy Birthday :) :)

"Jingle Bells" would be mine... there's simply one line about "singing a sleighing song tonight" that makes me laugh out loud... but it's too long a story to even begin to explain why! rofl.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 8/12/08 08:04, Blogger Pamela said...

Happy Birthday MOM!!!

Hi Beccy, too!

 
At 8/12/08 08:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your Mom!!!

And I'm not done with my decorations as well...love your song list...

 
At 8/12/08 09:18, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Oh my, your mum is gorgeous..... you are so blessed to have a mum...... wanna share her with me? lol

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRISPY's MUM...

x

 
At 8/12/08 10:20, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

What a beautiful lady!!! And such a gorgeous smile. Happy birthday!!

Love your choices of Christmas Carols also.

Happy Fun Monday.

 
At 8/12/08 10:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a wonderful lady. I hope the shin heals and you have plenty of fun today.

 
At 8/12/08 12:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your mum - she looks fabulous! And I hope she checks out OK at the doctor's.

Great Christmas carols! My mom (my oh-so-gentle-and-delicate MOTHER) taught me a bunch of goofy parodies and cheesy jokes :-)

 
At 8/12/08 13:59, Blogger Ari_1965 said...

Best wishes to your mother.

Something went kablooey with your sign up at mamalang. Typo? Since you're so rushed, I signed you up again. We can't have people missing out on your mother's beautiful photo, can we? (I took a liberty, I know. I hope you don't mind.)

 
At 8/12/08 19:22, Blogger Jan said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. My Moms b'day is the 24th, she'll be 87.

 
At 8/12/08 21:50, Blogger Jan n Jer said...

God Bless your Mum, she looks great for her age. You are so lucky to still have her. May she have many more happy, healthy years. Like your choice of carols also.

 
At 9/12/08 00:01, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy birthday to your mum!! Hope Beccy has a safe trip and you have an awesome visit!

 
At 9/12/08 01:13, Blogger storyteller said...

Please pass along my birthday wishes to your mum. She certainly doesn't look 85 ... seriously!
Hugs and blessings,

 
At 9/12/08 01:18, Blogger Living Life said...

Your mom is beautiful! She looks so happy too! Your song choices are awesome! Happy Fun Monday!

 
At 9/12/08 01:36, Blogger Sandy said...

Happy Birthday, Chris' Mum!

 
At 9/12/08 03:30, Blogger Mamalang said...

Happy Birthday MUM!

Thanks for participating.

 
At 9/12/08 04:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope her surprise visit from Beccy was wonderful!

 
At 9/12/08 05:31, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your mum! What a wonderful birthday surprise she will have! :)

 
At 9/12/08 07:47, Blogger Steffi said...

"Happy birthday to your Mum ,Chris!"

Greetings to Beccy!

 
At 9/12/08 20:32, Blogger Unknown said...

I sent a 'happy birthday' to your mum! Where's it gone?

 
At 9/12/08 20:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you everyone, my mother loved reading all the messages. She is enjoying seeing beccy and we went out to lunch today.

John I think you might have left a greeting on plurk so thank you twice1

 
At 9/12/08 20:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy Birthday !!pe the owe isn't to bad!!

 
At 10/12/08 23:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

jettie we are back to the nurse tomorrow but it has been bleeding through the dressing so fingers crossed.

 
At 12/12/08 03:25, Blogger Alison said...

your mother is a beautiful woman...how was lunch? was she surprised??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home