Sunday, November 30, 2008

Corfu # 6 Vidos Island (part 1)

When I was in Corfu (it seems so long ago now) I visted Vidos Island, which is a short ferry ride from where we stayed. It is a beautiful little island that you can walk around quite easily if you have the energy. I took some lovely views but this is not what I want to share with you today. As we left the ferry, we stopped to have a drink at a small cafe and this was the floor show!
So what are these rabbits watching..........
....pheasants. It was so interesting to see that as the pheasants approached the rabbits closed in and positioned themselves in a way that looked threatening. The pheasants did not come any closer and pretended they didn't see.
Even the male decided to turn his back and walk away.
We came across this little area where a lady was feeding pheasants and turkeys, it was then that we decided maybe these and the rabbits were being bred for the table! Better not to dwell on this!


Archives:
2007: Twin Peaks at Sunset

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 30/11/08 20:42, Blogger willowtree said...

Mmmm rabbits, cuddly and nutritious! Although, those guys seemed a bit scrawny.

 
At 30/11/08 21:16, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm wondering what dishes they were serving!

 
At 30/11/08 22:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reminds me of what I saw out my window this morning...rabbits and gambel quail. I must say that the quail aren't nearly as colorful as your "birds."

 
At 30/11/08 22:34, Blogger kitten said...

Looks peaceful!

 
At 1/12/08 07:39, Blogger Pamela said...

I'd have to be very hungry.
(:

 
At 1/12/08 11:10, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Pheasants! is that what they look like?

 
At 1/12/08 13:22, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Love this photo share. All the creatures, great and small, are fun to watch aren't they? And you captured them so well.

Happy Monday

 
At 1/12/08 14:44, Blogger Unknown said...

Pheasants and Bunnies together? They're cute!

I got my ornaments and will be doing a post on them shortly but wanted to let you know they arrived and I LOVE them!! THANK YOU CHRIS!

 
At 1/12/08 23:34, Blogger storyteller said...

I enjoyed the series of photos you shared from your trip. Very intriguing interactions ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home