Monday, November 24, 2008

Fun Monday # 92 Moments to remember



The hostess with the mostest this week is Mariposa and this is the assignment she has set us:

High moments...in our lives!

If you could share to us 3-5 high moments in your lives...this could be funny moments...the you can't believe you did it moments...the "I told you so" moments...or the times we asked the ground to go open and eat us moments! You need not write a book to explain them, the highlights will do.



How can I look back over nearly 65 years and not manage to recall many high moments in my life and none of the ground opening moments. I'm sure there must be plenty but I seem to have pushed them into some dark corner of my mind.

Actually that's not true the birth of both my children were high moments in my life not least because they were both very difficult births and they were eventually delivered by forceps. I can tell in those last stages I wouldn't have minded if the ground had opened and swallow me up.
Luckily those moments were very short lived and I had two beautiful daughters who were, and still are central to my life.
Following on from this the birth of my first grandson was another momentous moment. I hated seeing Beccy suffer through her labour and not being able to do anything to help. I was there until she was taken into the operating theatre and then I waited anxiously outside while she has a caesarian. After his parents I was the first person to cuddle Dillon and of course it was love at first sight!

I'm going to leave it there... as I'm sure this is not really what Mariposa was looking for, so sorry for being dull and probably predictable.

If either of my daughter can think of any *can't believe or ground swallowing* incident that I could have shared they can leave me a comment!

Archives:
2007: San Francisco Sunset
2006: S.A.D

Labels: ,

22 Comments:

At 24/11/08 10:04, Blogger Beccy said...

I remember walking throuh my halls of residence and then through another halls with my skirt tucked into my knickers from behind having just moved the 230 miles north to uni. I wished there was a big hole for me then!!!

 
At 24/11/08 10:38, Blogger Celeste said...

I would assume that the birth of children would be a high.....

Ahh, the skirt in the snickers incident. Hasn't that happened to nearly everyone, at least once? (notice, I wrote "at least" implying that I have done it more than...well, sigh).

 
At 24/11/08 11:13, Blogger SwampAngel65 said...

I am right there with you on the birth of my kids being the number one high point. How could it be anything else?!?

 
At 24/11/08 11:26, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

Fantastic Monday entry Chris!!! I loved this. And funny thing, or ironic actually, my grandson --born through a C-section is also named Dillon. [spelled the same way too!]

Happy Monday.

Mine's posted, but you'll need to scroll down beyond my Ranch Hand Breakfast photos I posted this morning on my blog to read some of my 'memories'.

 
At 24/11/08 13:37, Blogger Faye said...

What is it women say about giving birth--if you remembered how hard it was you'd never have another after the first one? Not having any experience in this department--I only "mother" dogs--but I'm sure every moment of pain was worth the pleasure you now enjoy with being a mother. And let's not forget--grandmother!

 
At 24/11/08 14:38, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Good list. I wonder if I'm the only dad in the Blogosphere who lists the birth of his sons as No.1?
Mine are up too. Thanks! http://team-gherkin.blogspot.com/2008/11/monday-monday.html

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 24/11/08 15:36, Blogger Pamela said...

truly there isn't anything that can compare to the birth of a child (or grand)

Tell Beccy that My skirt fell to the sidewalk in downtown Seattle when I was on the corner of 1st & Columbia back in the 80's. I picked it up, held on, and ran.

 
At 24/11/08 16:10, Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

Never had the skirt in the knickers incident, but did have a bright red female accident one time while teaching! Thank God it was kindergarten and they didn't know better!

 
At 24/11/08 17:31, Blogger Ali said...

I think it's hard to beat the birth of a child as a top moment :-)

 
At 24/11/08 17:38, Blogger Jill said...

sometimes the birth of a child may not be a highlight, for me it was kind of anticlimactic, everything seemed to go wrong, and then the happy part was finding out she was a girl and she was healthy, but the rest of it was kind of 'indifferent' to me, so much pain then having to give in and have the epidural, and then even worse have the c-section on top of it, well let's just say i'm much happier watching her dream in her sleep than thinking about how she came into the world, so i can understand your point..

 
At 24/11/08 17:44, Blogger Beccy said...

Thanks for sharing that incident Pamela, I feel much better about mine now!

 
At 24/11/08 17:52, Blogger Sayre said...

I didn't write it, but I count holding my baby in my arms for the first time my highest moment. That's a pretty big high when there are so many other high moments, so I agree - babies are the BEST!

 
At 24/11/08 18:11, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to outdo the birth of children for high moments. Not much else comes close, I think.

 
At 24/11/08 18:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those are some special high moments (though makes me wince to think about foreceps...
I'm glad you can only remember the high points :)

 
At 24/11/08 19:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not boring at all, Chris! That's the great thing about Fun Monday...each person's response is unique to them, so it can't be boring :-)

 
At 24/11/08 19:27, Blogger Sam said...

This must mean that those of us who don't have children live unworthy existences then, huh?

 
At 24/11/08 22:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam not at all you would just have different highs to recall. Love you x

 
At 25/11/08 02:40, Blogger IamwhoIam said...

Nothing like a grandbaby to rediscover the joys of life.

 
At 25/11/08 06:19, Blogger Steffi said...

Great "fun monday" post,Chris!And not boring!

 
At 25/11/08 06:20, Blogger Steffi said...

....and of course was my best moments the birth of my kids in my life!

 
At 25/11/08 11:58, Blogger headless chicken said...

A lovely post Chris and not at all boring!

 
At 25/11/08 13:19, Blogger kitten said...

I understand your kids being your high light. Mine are too.
I have something for you at my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home