Monday, November 17, 2008

Fun Monday # 91 Jewelery




Our host today is M is for Misanthrope and this is the task she has set us:

Do you have a piece of jewelry or other item that holds great personal significance for you, and that you wear or keep with you every day? Show us a photo of your talisman, and tell us why it is so important to you.

Hints: Your talisman could be your wedding ring…or your lack thereof! Maybe it’s a bracelet or watch that belonged to a beloved relative or friend. Perhaps your item is significant in your faith, if you are of a religious persuasion, or maybe it is a proud symbol of your ethnicity. Maybe it’s something silly, that makes you smile every time you look at it! Maybe your talisman is actually part of you - perhaps you got a tattoo to mark a significant event in your life. I’m also thinking about our recent observation of Veterans’ Day here in the USA: Perhaps you have a loved one who is far away - in the military or otherwise - and you carry a memento of him or her with you every day.

Disclaimer: Please, let’s keep the photos and stories family-friendly. In other words, I do NOT want to see that piercing or tattoo you-know-where :-) Sorry, but them’s the rules!

Now this suits me just fine as I my body is tattoo free and the only things pierced are my ears!
I do have quite a lot of jewelery and in my younger days I loved wearing all of it. However, it seems as I have matured, I have become allergic to gold (this annoys me as I have many pairs of earings). In fact I only had my ears pierced because Embee bought me a pair of tennis raquet earrings for pierced ears-Sadly one of these got lost so I can't show a picture of these!
I've decided not to bore you with lots of photos and will show you the one item I do wear all the time-this is my watch (is this classed as jewelery)! EmBee bought me this watch a few years ago after missing a few presents for (Birthday, Christmas Anniversary. Anyway it's a Rado and I'm rather fond of it

I'm looking forward to seeing a lot more interesting posts than this one!

Archives:
2007: New Office Junior
2006: Diabetic Food Blogs

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 17/11/08 12:34, Blogger Molly said...

Hi Chris, your watch is lovely. I have stopped wearing a watch and rely mostly on my cell phone for the time of day.

 
At 17/11/08 12:43, Blogger Beccy said...

I knew you'd pick that when I saw the topic!

 
At 17/11/08 12:46, Blogger Jan n Jer said...

I'm sure you feel close to EmBee when you wear your watch. That is what's nice about it.

 
At 17/11/08 14:10, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

I have an old ring I wear on a leather thong around my neck. tis a band of three braids of different-colour gold - each band represents one of my sons.

Cyalayta
Mal :)

 
At 17/11/08 14:51, Blogger IamwhoIam said...

The watch is lovely - but I just never got use to wearing one as it only takes a few weeks for the battery dies on me.

 
At 17/11/08 15:08, Blogger Jill said...

I used to wear a watch all the time but now it just gets in the way with the baby and washing my hands 300 times a day.

 
At 17/11/08 15:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely watch, I feel weird when I go out without mine!

 
At 17/11/08 15:25, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh - what a lovely watch! Very nice! I would hate to become allergic to gold :-( With my deathly pale complexion, gold suits me better than silver SO...that would be the end of my jewelry-wearing. Great post, thank you for participating!

 
At 17/11/08 15:28, Blogger Jan said...

Hi Chris. I like your watch. I had the same metal allergy, years ago. Eventually, I could wear sterling silver and 14K or more gold. I can't were costume jewelry ever, or a watch. It's the lead in the mix. I wear a watch loop on my belt, it's called a golfer's watch.

 
At 17/11/08 17:03, Blogger Sayre said...

That's a very cool watch! That reminds me... I need to get one.

 
At 17/11/08 17:08, Blogger Mamalang said...

Very nice watch!

 
At 17/11/08 17:46, Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I am hoping my love for jewelry will mellow too through the years! LOL

That is a lovely watch!

Happy Fun Monday!

 
At 17/11/08 19:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allergic to gold? That's disappointing, however at least then money is spent on more exciting things like trips to Corfu!!!

(Dave and I were watching a tv program where they interviewed a woman who was $100,000 in debt - mostly buying "stuff" she wanted, like jewelry. I think if I was going to go into debt - jewelry would NOT be my choice) So - this had nothing to do with your watch....which is lovely.

 
At 17/11/08 20:58, Blogger Living Life said...

That is a very interesting watch. I can see why you would want to wear it every day. It goes with everything too!

 
At 17/11/08 21:19, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That must be very annoying to become allergic to gold! Can you wear silver jewelry?
That is a very beautiful watch! I felt quite lost because I didn't have mine on today.
Thanks for sharing.

 
At 17/11/08 22:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a cool watch! almost art-deco

 
At 18/11/08 02:49, Blogger Faye said...

I just love that watch. Agree with you--best piece of jewelry. Well done Embee! Since I wear glasses every day consider them as jewelry and always try to have fashionable pair.

 
At 18/11/08 17:39, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a lovely watch and sweet memories to go with it. I have a beautiful watch Nigel bought me for my 18th unfortunately I can't wear watches of anykind as they irrate me!!! but I still have it safely tucked up in his box :)

 
At 19/11/08 05:17, Blogger Pamela said...

I have bad luck with watches.
I'm envious of yours for sure.

 
At 19/11/08 10:12, Blogger sallywrites said...

My Mum developed metal allergies too. It's such a nuisance.

 
At 19/11/08 15:23, Blogger storyteller said...

I'm sorry about your 'metal' allergies. Like you, my body is free of tattoos (but I do think of getting one someday) and only my ears are pierced (4 times on the left & 2 on the right). That’s an interesting watch. I also have LOTS of jewelry (and watches too actually) but other than the 5 diamond studs and single tiny ‘ring’ in my ears (and 3 ‘toe’ rings on my left foot) … I tend to be w/o jewelry most of the time.
Hugs and blessings,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home