Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Witty Wednesday # 2



This is my second attempt to make you laugh. As many of you will be aware my daughter lives in Dublin and my son-in-law is Irish. I love the warm friendly Irish hospitality and I know they enjoy a good joke.

An Irishman was terribly overweight, so his doctor put him on a diet.

"I want you to eat regularly for 2 days, then skip a day, and repeat
this procedure for 2 weeks. The next time I see you, you should have
lost at least 5 pounds."

When the Irishman returned, he shocked the doctor by having lost Nearly
30 pounds!

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor said, "Did you follow my
instructions?"

The Irishman nodded..."I'll tell you though, by jaesuz, I t'aut I were
going to drop dead dat 3rd day."

"From hunger, you mean?"

"No, from all dat f*ckin' 'skippin' " the Irishman said . 
 

I expect you got there before the punch line as I did but it still had me laughing.

Labels: ,

18 Comments:

At 11/4/07 08:50, Blogger Sabrina said...

Wow, I thought that was really funny!!! Thanks for starting off my day on a lighter note!!!!

 
At 11/4/07 09:13, Blogger ChrisB said...

sabrina you're welcome have a nice day.

 
At 11/4/07 09:20, Blogger Beccy said...

Oh dear, I wonder how many Irish you have offended! They'll be out to get you!

 
At 11/4/07 10:32, Blogger ChrisB said...

Rebecca you told me it would be ok so ~I shall blame you!!

 
At 11/4/07 13:26, Blogger FH said...

HAHAHA!! Chris,I am laughing every time I come here these days.I love it,hope Irish ppl don't get mad but that was hilarious!

 
At 11/4/07 13:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha I never intend to offend, I don't think I have any Irish readers. If I do then I'll apologise.

I've got a good one for next Weds.

 
At 11/4/07 14:10, Blogger Beccy said...

I'm only teasing Mum, the Irish have a great sense of humour, you ought to hear the jokes they tell about the English!

 
At 11/4/07 14:41, Blogger frannie said...

I did not get it before hand- me and my feeble brain.

really funny!

 
At 11/4/07 16:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Frannie, I didn't get it until the punchline...which was plenty soon enough! Thanks for the giggle, it does a body good!

 
At 11/4/07 16:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's funny! Thanks for the smile to start my day! :)

 
At 11/4/07 16:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

enidd's not getting much time for blog reading, but she's glad she made time for you, chris. thanks for the giggle.

by the way, why are you in german today? enidd certainly weisst nicht.

 
At 11/4/07 16:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, you're only in german in the comment posting window, not on the actual site. weird.

did you know the german for those letters you type in is wortbestätigung?

 
At 11/4/07 16:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie, robin, christine glad you all popped in for a giggle.

enidd german - how odd I don't see the same comment window as the readers on my own blog!!

 
At 11/4/07 18:04, Blogger sallywrites said...

Very funny! i think i've heard it before , but it a good laugh anyway

Have your setting on your computer been changed Enidd?

 
At 11/4/07 19:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

sally I think most of them have done the rounds probably more than once!

 
At 11/4/07 23:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEE HEE - I did NOT see that one coming. (the worst part it, I think I've even heard that one before!!!)

 
At 12/4/07 05:24, Blogger my4kids said...

I didn't see that one comming either. Great joke Chrisb...

 
At 12/4/07 07:33, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn now it's OK for me to forget at my mature age but not you youngsters;-)

my4kids I admit I often don't either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home