Tuesday, April 03, 2007

News Flash

Do you remember my recent dilemma about the prospect of loosing the trees opposite our house. My neighbour who was proposing to build an eco-bungalow in the grounds told me this morning he has pulled out. He said he had taken our views into account and he didn't want to cause any bad feelings. He has also found out that there are seven dogs in the house next door but it was our views on the trees that was really the deciding factor. I then felt really awful because I also don't want to cause any ill will or be the person to scupper his plans. I was just on my way out, when he stopped me, but said we would talk about it some more. So it seems we have no more to worry about and my mother is naturally very pleased.

PS. Isn't he a wonderful person to consider our views before his own plans I now feel very humble.

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 3/4/07 21:32, Blogger Beccy said...

David is a very good neighbour could you not have compromised in some way?

 
At 3/4/07 22:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long live the trees!

 
At 3/4/07 22:43, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy I haven't had a chance to go back and chat to him. I'll probably call in tomorrow.

stephanie 'and so say all of us' but isn't my neighbour is a lovely chap to sacrifice his plans for us. I do think the fact that 7 dogs live the other side of the proposed garden may also have contributed to the decision.

 
At 3/4/07 23:39, Blogger my4kids said...

That is nice of your neighbor to drop it since the others didn't want it but I agree I bet the 7 dogs were an even bigger influence!

 
At 4/4/07 00:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

my4kids my neighbour is actually a tailor so he can take a hem up or shorten sleeves while I'm still thinking about getting the sewing machine out. Years ago he made me curtains for my sitting room. In return we've lent him tools and I took him food when he had his accident so we are quite friendly really.

 
At 4/4/07 07:24, Blogger Barbara said...

Great news about the trees, but I'd be concerned there are 7 dogs living in a suburban house. Did he not know they were there? If so are they kept inside all day?

 
At 4/4/07 07:44, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara we actually didn't know about the number of dogs I have to say I've never seen or heard them, but we are on the opposite side of the main road. I think my neighbour did a bit of further investigating, after embee told him the person he was buying grdn from had been troubled with the kids i think it was constant balls coming over fence- which may seem petty but can be a real nuisance.

 
At 5/4/07 14:20, Blogger sallywrites said...

How kind!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home