Saturday, April 07, 2007

200th post


A few bloggers have recently celebrated publishing their 200th post, including Beccy on 31st March and today it's my turn. I passed the 100 mark without even realizing it and I am amazed how quickly I've got to this point. When I started my blog, 6 months ago, it was just intended to be a few lines and pictures to show the girls how I filled each day since retirement. At that time I was mainly reading the food blogs linked to Sam but very quickly I've found a whole new world, and met some lovely people along the way. I haven't yet run out of space to add more links but I'm rapidly running out hours in the day and night to keep up with the reading.

Drat
Embee has just interupted my thought processes, it's strange how this happens just when you've thought up a brilliant witty sentence it goes completely from your head never to return (I was actually searching for inspiration but this doesn't sound nearly as interesting does it).

He's just gone up to bed to read 'Tales from the Alhambra' by Washington Irving which I brought him back from Spain. It's turned out to be a good read and he's really enjoying it. (can't wait to read it myself).

Before he went up he made me my camomile tea and our conversation went something like this:

embee "what time are you planning to come to bed tonight" (I'd just logged on to write this post ready for tomorrow and to read blogs as there was nothing worth watching on TV)

me `'does it matter" (feeling irritated)

embee "no but recently you've been very late"

me "so" (I wasn't about to admit I was planning an early night as I have a few magazines to read)

embee "it was gone midnight again last night and I'm worried you're not getting enough sleep and you were up at 7 this morning" now that's very sweet he's concerned about me (but I think he meant you woke me coming to bed and you woke me getting up) (it's a public holiday here in UK so he didn't have to get up at 6 am as usual).

Me thinks "He did a lot of work on the garden today so I should, really be thoughtful as I'm sure he's feeling tired. I'll finish this tomorrow and just read a couple more posts then I'll retire..."

Up bright and early to another sunny day (in case you're interested I managed to ring Sam and speak to her for a few minutes before I hit the sack last night, she was, of course, at work -no public holiday in the states and I read a magazine all before midnight).

Having done a load of laundry, I'm now off to do a little food shopping, can you imagine anyone running out of currants, and if I can get some fresh yeast I might just change my mind and take up Sam's challenge by trying my hand at making hot cross buns I'll let you know if I'm successful.

And it's not yet 9am- not bad even if I say so myself.

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 7/4/07 10:57, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. Yes, not enough hours in the day to get around to all the great blogs out there! I agree. I'd never heard of Tales of the Alhambra until the other day when it was talked about in the DVD of BBC's North and South. And here again! babble babble sorry. Hope you have a lovely day!

 
At 7/4/07 12:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

little miss moi the book was a chance buy and it also had a CD with it. (embee is less keen on the music).

 
At 7/4/07 13:32, Blogger Beccy said...

At least Dad said it tactfully!

I wonder what you made?

 
At 7/4/07 13:40, Blogger sallywrites said...

I frequently run out of dried fruit of all sort Chris, as my children eat it out of the packets!!!

(But I did manage to keep enough back to make some hot cross buns even soo. (See blog!!)

Have a great Easter!

 
At 7/4/07 13:47, Blogger sallywrites said...

P.S. Congratulations on reaching your 200th!!!!!

 
At 7/4/07 15:58, Blogger AfKaP said...

Congratulations! I too have been wondering where you find the time to read allthose blogs!! I am so thrilled that you do, but make some time for that painting!! This is a seductive and addictive (internet) world - don't get in over your head!

 
At 7/4/07 19:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy yes for once.

sally your buns look lovely I have just made some as well-(if you can't beat them join them!!)

PW ah wise words I musn't let them fall on deaf ears!

 
At 7/4/07 23:33, Blogger frannie said...

congrats on the 200th!!!

 
At 8/4/07 00:50, Blogger Barbara said...

Congratulations Chris on 200 posts. I really enjoy my virtual visit to Sam's mum and Bristol each day.

 
At 8/4/07 02:21, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on reaching 200 Chris! Keep 'em coming.

 
At 8/4/07 08:10, Blogger Pamela said...

ME2, I mean me, too.

staying up late, and the hubby is thinking about taking away my bloggin license. I do have one, don't I???

Hmmmm, maybe not.

Happy day to you.

 
At 8/4/07 13:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE

 
At 10/4/07 16:33, Blogger ~ej said...

congrats on the 200th post. i rarely have time to make the blog rounds everyday, so i do ONE blog at a time and then inundate everyone on their day :) lucky you, for today ;)
and interruptions are the way of life i think!

 
At 10/4/07 20:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

elena jane thank you I often prepare drafts in advance if something crops up I want to blog about. But I have much more time than all of you with children I don't think I could have written a blog before I retired.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home