Saturday, November 03, 2007

Kernewek Teapot

By this time last year we had started having frosty weather according to a post I did at the time. Happily we are still have relatively mild day time temperatures with plenty of sunshine.

My mother, used to collect teapots and whilst her collection is not valuable many of them have fond memories for her and she mainly bought things she liked. These teapots are now languishing in my loft as they have been packed up and most now belong to Beccy with one set and a Monkey Band belonging to Sam. The trouble is my mother still wants to keep buying when she sees something that takes her fancy. Over the past few years she has come home with a few more as she did last Wednesday when she had been looking in a charity shop with her friend. She was so excited to show me this teapot. For her the connection is Cornwall, her second husband was Cornish and at one time he delivered China clay to the potteries. Back then there were no H&S rules and he developed serious lung problems in later years which probably began when he inhaled all the dust.

I inwardly groaned when she told me, a bit mean of me really as she was delighted with her purchase. But she is always telling me she doesn't have enough space and things get too dusty.....need I say more! The next thing she wanted to know was 'are you going to blog about it'....... of course I am! So here is the tea pot
which is Kernewek Pottery (Cornish):



My next question is what did she pay for it?? No prizes just for fun!

Archives:
November 3rd 2006: Frosty Friday

Labels: ,

19 Comments:

At 3/11/07 11:24, Blogger Beccy said...

£2.50

 
At 3/11/07 12:34, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

dear chrisb. Hmm... difficult question for such a cute teapot... 50p?

 
At 3/11/07 12:50, Blogger katy said...

I am going for £5.00 and they saw her coming lol

 
At 3/11/07 14:13, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Charity shop... I'd say £1.50

 
At 3/11/07 14:55, Anonymous Anonymous said...

30p

 
At 3/11/07 15:42, Blogger Unknown said...

20p, or she pinched it!!

 
At 3/11/07 15:43, Blogger Alix said...

60p - it's very pretty.

 
At 3/11/07 16:41, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I wouldn't know how to peg it here never mind on the other side of the ocean, but I think she's enjoying her collecting, and that's good.

 
At 4/11/07 00:41, Blogger Jill said...

5 L? whats the sign for it? sorry i dont think i can get it with my keyboard.

 
At 4/11/07 01:32, Blogger frannie said...

I love the shape of it! very unusual

 
At 4/11/07 02:11, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm a horrible guesser but it's a cute little pot. I was going to say $1 but I know that's the wrong symbol. But I'm betting it's worth more. :)

 
At 4/11/07 03:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They paid HER to take it? :)

No, it's lovely and I could see my MIL picking up one just like it!

 
At 4/11/07 07:37, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't even want to guess but it sure is pretty! I love teapots and would own a million of them if I could. So far, I've been able to hold off the urge to always buy a pretty one when I see it. No promises as I get older though.

 
At 4/11/07 08:12, Blogger my4kids said...

I won't guess on the price since I am terrible at that but that is a very cute teapot! I love it!

 
At 4/11/07 10:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

Jill and her indoors you were the closest £4:49.

Thanks everyone for having a guess.

Robin that's a bit how I felt; although it is quite pretty if you like that sort of thing, which my mother does, the more flowers the better. The trouble is she can't understand why everyone doesn't feel the same.

 
At 4/11/07 11:41, Blogger headless chicken said...

I wouldn't have a clue what your Mum would have paid for it but it's very pretty. My Mum has got a nice jug collection. I don't collect anything at all though when I was young I used to collect 'Whimsies'(not sure this is the correct spelling!) which were little tiny animal ornaments. Izzy collects pretty stones and shells.

 
At 4/11/07 16:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

headless chicken I remember the Whimsies, I think th e girls have a few packed away somewhere. They are now collectibles, and have increased in value!

 
At 4/11/07 20:22, Blogger Steffi said...

Very cute teapot...I guess € 10.00.

 
At 4/11/07 22:09, Blogger Debs said...

I love the shape. I wish I could collect tea pots. I just don't have the space. I have such a weakness for teapots and teacups.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home