Sunday, June 14, 2009

Race for Life-Bristol 2009


Today I am supporting Race for Life-Bristol, which is a fund raiser for cancer research, and I would like you all to wish me luck.

This will be my third year of participating in this event. I know many people who have been touched by cancer, sadly some did not survive, others are still fighting and some have fought and won.

I'm not a runner I just walk around the the 5K course, which is on the Bristol Downs, as briskly as I can. I'm doing it alone again this year as my friend, Tina, who was planning take part has had to withdraw.
The weather forecast is good and that's always a help, thousands of people take part and there is a great atmosphere. I'll take my camera so I might get some pictures to share.
Postscript:
I completed the course in just under an hour, (55 mins to be precise), which is slower than last year, but I'm happy with that. The feet are a bit sore but my knee and hip coped remarkably well. It was a perfect day for walking and the event was well supported.
Last year Embee was waiting near the finish but no sign of him this year. When I rang he was so surprised I'd finished and it took as long for him to collect me as it did to walk the course. I didn't stop to take any photos, but Embee snapped this when we got home.

Race for Life 2008
Race for Life 2007

Thanks to all my family for their support. XXX

Archives:
2008: What your fridge says about you
2007: A Tortoise Tale

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 14/6/09 06:44, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for pics of Race for Life, the Downs,13.6.09 which I also took part in but did not manage to get photos. Well done for this being your 3rd year. I was a first-timer, thoroughly enjoyed it as it was all so laid- back, and will also enter again. I was diagnosed with cancer and operated on a year ago so not only was this a personal achievement it was good to raise money to put back into research. Let's hope many more people will follow in our footsteps and enter Race for Life events.

 
At 14/6/09 08:30, Blogger ChrisB said...

Hello Anne thanks for dropping by, I think it's brilliant you are able to do this only a year after having had an op. It's a popular event so I'm confident a lot of money will be raised for the much needed research.

 
At 14/6/09 12:20, Anonymous Hannah said...

Good luck Chris! Hope the weather is lovely for you and the other walkers/runners.

 
At 14/6/09 12:39, Blogger Beccy said...

Good luck mum.

 
At 14/6/09 13:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thanks Hannah I really enjoyed it.

Beccy when you wrote this comment I'd actually finished :)

 
At 14/6/09 13:54, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Good for you!

 
At 14/6/09 17:16, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

YEAH! Congrats on the quick finish.

 
At 14/6/09 18:22, Blogger BS said...

Great Job - the time wasn't bad, either !

 
At 14/6/09 18:44, Anonymous Grannymar said...

Well done to you and all those who took part today.

 
At 14/6/09 22:56, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Wow you was super fast.... congrats... such a great cause...

x

 
At 15/6/09 01:22, Blogger Pamela said...

We're there with you.

 
At 15/6/09 03:19, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Way to go, Chris! And shame on Embee, though I believe he means well. :D
xxx

 
At 15/6/09 07:07, Blogger Sam said...

Well done mum! Sorry I wasn't around to Skype you earlier, we were out all day. xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home