Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Visit from an old School Friend

Imagine my surprise, last week, when I got a telephone call from an old schoolfriend. Her husband still has a lot of relatives living in the area and they were planning an overnight visit on their way to Devon. They wanted to call in and see me on route.

During my teenage years I spent quite a few weekends at her home and she came and stayed with me. I could never understand why she liked coming to my house because my father was so strict. I, on the other hand, loved the freedom she had; that doesn't mean her mother didn't have rules, but she allowed us out and we didn't get an inquisition when we returned home! We could actually talk to boys-my father would have had a fit if he'd known. After all you can get pregnant from talking to boys can't you!! LOL.

I haven't seen my friend for many years, although we do email occasionally and write at Christmas. It was really strange because as soon as they arrived it was like going back in time and we chatted non-stop for a couple of hours. It really was lovely to catch up.
Now have a look at the photo taken when we were 16....
.....I think you might be able to pick us out.....if you compare it to the photo, below, taken this morning.
I now need to keep my fingers crossed for some good weather over the next few days, as my friends are staying in Ilfacombe, which is on the coast, and they will also visit Lundy Island for some birdwatching.

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-67 Collections
2007: Surprise Parcel

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 20/5/09 02:31, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

You must be the 2nd from the right - what a great picture!

 
At 20/5/09 08:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn glad you could recognise me :)

 
At 20/5/09 08:43, Blogger Steffi said...

Great pictures!I agree with Karmyn´s comment.It´s great to visiting old schoolfriends after so many years.

 
At 20/5/09 16:14, Blogger Beccy said...

Sounds like you had a fun afternoon.

 
At 20/5/09 18:56, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Yup, the basic structures are still there.

 
At 21/5/09 05:30, Blogger Pamela said...

is she left of you in the picture (well that would be your right)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home