Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun Monday # 116 Pampered People


The host for this week is Mariposa and she says:

"In fact we all need to learn to pamper ourselves and not just in times when we are stressed.

So let us share each others self pampering stories...may they be from little pleasures to guilty pleasures!"


This was quite difficult for me, because I don't really pamper myself. However if I did, one of the things that I would indulge in is a regular massage. The best massages I've ever had (not that I've had many) were when I went on a Spa holiday with Sam about 10 years ago. We went to the Vilalara Thalassa Resort in Portugal and it was a lovely relaxing experience.

The other thing I would do is have a regular pedicure, rather than the occasional attack on my feet in the summer.

All my spare funds are saved for holidays and this could be considered to be pampering myself-what do you think?

That's another lame FM post but it's the taking part that counts. I'm hoping to pick up a few pampering ideas from the rest of you.

Archives:
2008: Race for Life
2007: What type of writer are you

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

At 18/5/09 11:38, Anonymous margaret (the misanthrope) said...

Not a lame post at all!! I have been wanting to take my mom on a spa holiday of some sort. Thanks for sharing, and happy FM to you!

 
At 18/5/09 14:41, Anonymous Janis said...

I too save for vacations, in a way that is pampering. Happy FM

 
At 18/5/09 16:40, Blogger Gattina said...

I agree with you, I prefer to save the money for nice holidays or a roundtrip or whatever then a massage, because it's very very expensive here in Waterloo. But when I am in Egypt then of course everyday massage because it only costs 10 € ! Here you can count with 50 to 60 € !

 
At 18/5/09 17:48, Blogger Sayre said...

I wish I were the type to enjoy a massage. I understand that they can be incredibly relaxing - but I cannot stand being touched by a massuesse. It is literally painful. I think that's why I enjoy Reiki. The benefits of relaxation without touching.

 
At 18/5/09 19:11, Blogger Sam said...

It was only 8.5 years ago I think.

Also what about the spa voucher I gave you that YOU NEVER USED?

 
At 18/5/09 19:34, Blogger Pamela said...

Your holidays are definitely a nice pampering delight.

I love pedicures. We'll plan a spa pedicure next time I come to visit (bwaa ha)

 
At 18/5/09 21:46, Blogger Beccy said...

I agree with Sam, what a waste!

 
At 18/5/09 22:11, Blogger Jill said...

holidays are definitely pampering

 
At 18/5/09 22:22, Blogger Sam said...

I may as well have thrown the money straight down the toilet and we could have pretended the flush was a jacuzzi

 
At 18/5/09 23:29, Blogger Rayne said...

This isn't lame at all.
I think you are brave to have a pedicure. I would totally freak if someone was messing with my feet, even though I do really want them to look nice for the summer.

 
At 19/5/09 02:18, Blogger Living Life said...

Well, at least you have had a massage in your life time. I have never had one - ever. But since everyone is talking about them this FM, I just may have to schedule one for myself!

 
At 19/5/09 07:53, Blogger Beccy said...

Oh Sam you're soooo funny.

 
At 19/5/09 08:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I know I feel very guilty about that but you know how nervous I get doing things by myself. Sorry but I love you so you must forgive me. I guess I'm never going to live this down :( xxx

 
At 19/5/09 17:40, Blogger Sam said...

Beccy - I must take after my niece Mollie. Quote of the week: "I thought the saying was 'The older you get,the wiser you get' obviously doesn't occur to her,because parading around in heels at that age, she could hurt that hip of hers!"

 
At 20/5/09 07:35, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I'm not much for a massage either...but I do splurge on getting my nails done! Does that count?? Saving for vacations is a good thing! Definitely a good thing!!

 
At 20/5/09 12:27, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

So that's you on the table? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home