Friday, April 24, 2009

Fill in Friday

There so many things to do before one goes on holiday-especially when you are leaving behind a husband and a mother. I'm not really worried about Embee, he's old enough to look after himself but will he remember to put out the recycling and the rubbish on the right days and buy lettuce and fruit for the tortoises-oh and pick them dandelions!

This morning I spent a couple of hours cleaning downstairs rooms and making soup (that my mother wished I had made thicker-can win). I had to go to the bank, post some cards (for birthdays while I'm away), and contact my credit card company to let them know I might use my card abroad and give dates-I didn't want them refusing my card which could be embarrassing. It's surprising how long all these little task take!

I then took my mother to see the nurse to get her legs checked again and although the skin isn't broken they have decided to give her another week of antibiotics. They do not want to send the nurse in while I'm away unless the area breaks down again. However, they want to see her as soon as I get back which will be three Friday's time. I suppose I mustn't complain as I am getting a break.

When I got back from the nurse, two of the friends I'm going on holiday with were sitting in the garden waiting for me. We had planned to meet up at the pool for a swim, but as I was late they had been and discovered the pool was closed again because it needed to be cleaned. No need for me to go into detail but there was a similar problem a couple of months ago!
Anyway, I made them a pot of tea and we sat in the garden just going over the final arrangements for Monday. After talking to them I'm still in a dither about the right clothes to take because, there is going to be quite a variation in the temperature in China. Then in Dubai it will be very hot but you cannot wear sleeveless tops or shorts- I hope cropped trousers are acceptable because that's what I'm taking and in any case we will only be there for 3 nights.

As we sat in the sun I noticed that the clematis have just started to bloom it will be over by the time I return, also (see below)there are plenty of flowers on the blueberry plants, so I'm hoping for a good crop. Not sure what the flower below is called, but it's very pretty even though there's only one flower blooming at the moment.

I hope you all have a good weekend.

P.S. I also signed up for 'Race for Life' the 5K walk (I don't run it) in June-so all my holiday walking will be good preparation

Archives:
2008: Project Looking through-5 the looking glass
2007: How long do you keep dried herbs?

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At 24/4/09 17:59, Blogger FH said...

Preparing for vacation is so exciting. I can understand your worries about your mom though, it's like leaving young children behind, always think of then when you are away. But I am sure everything will be alright at home when you are gone! :)

 
At 24/4/09 18:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha, I'm sure she will cope Embee is here at night and she can call on neighbours. I'll leave her well stocked with food. However, I know she doesn't like it when I'm away and she always manages to be ill.

 
At 24/4/09 18:23, Blogger Beccy said...

I'll ring granny for some chats and you'll be back before you know it.

I think it's all very exciting!

 
At 24/4/09 20:39, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

We're gonna miss you when you go :(

 
At 24/4/09 22:04, Blogger ChrisB said...

Beccy granny will enjoy that but remember to pick your time as she spends a lot of time in her bedroom.

Mal that's very sweet of you to say so.

 
At 25/4/09 05:19, Blogger Pamela said...

Thats a columbine.

 
At 25/4/09 05:20, Blogger Pamela said...

I would be worried too. I've thought about starting a company that worries for people while they go on vacation, so they don't have to.

Don't you think I could make money that way?

What would you like me to worry about for you? I'll do it for you for free.

 
At 25/4/09 11:36, Blogger karisma said...

Safe journey granny! Don't party too hard! And yes the flowers are very beautiful! :-)

PS These men are more than capable of taking care of things when we are not home! They totally just feign innocence so we will do things for them! Go forth and enjoy your holiday and think not of home!

 
At 25/4/09 15:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

Pamela I just knew you would have the answers -had to laugh at the worry co. it could catch on!! and Columbine thank you- now I must remember that it's such a delicate looking flower but very pretty.

 
At 25/4/09 15:56, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karisma he will probably eat lots of unhealthy things that he loves!!

 
At 25/4/09 20:15, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

The flower is an aquiligia or commonly ladies bonnet lol

Oh my china is going to be soooo exciting.....

Embee Im sure will be just fine, and the tortoise might survive LOL

Have the most super of times.... and take loads of photos :)

x

 
At 26/4/09 20:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

Marmie Embee said it was an aquiligia -I forget from one year to the next LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home