Sunday, April 05, 2009

Fun Monday # 110 We're all going on a Summer Holiday


When Patience decided on the topic for this week she must have known that I will be going on holiday in three weeks. She says:

Y'know, it's getting on to that that time of year. Everyone's already thinking of what they'll be doing on their summer vacation. So, let's hear about it already!! (And pictures are always welcome!) And if you're not planning a vacation, tell us about vacations past.

Well those of you who read my blog regularly will know that I have been extremely lucky, since I retired back in October 2006, to have been on many memorable holidays. So I'm not going to to tell you about any of those or re-show pictures.
Last week (before I knew holidays were to be this week's topic) I wrote a very short post on planning a trip.

For those who didn't read that post I will be heading for China and Dubai. I have always wanted to visit China so, last year, when the opportunity came up I booked my place with a group going on one of Wendy Wu Tours.
This where we will be visiting
"This tour is designed for the visitor to experience the majesty of the Yangtze River and see the dramatic natural landscapes of the Three Gorges as we sail along the world’s third longest river. The tour also uncovers the treasures of cosmopolitan Shanghai, ancient Xian, the capital Beijing and the Panda Reserve in Chengdu". So I'm hoping that it's as good as it sounds.

On our return journey we are having an extended stay in Dubai just to see how it has developed and to see the Palm Islands where the rich and famous live and maybe do a little shopping!
When I get back I will be sharing all my photos with you so anyone who is interested can come back to my blog in the middle of May.

Then in October I am hoping to go herebut I have not had final confirmation from the friend who is organising the booking. This is a short tour again staying in different places to see ancient Tunisia. You never know I might even take a camel ride, although I've always thought it looks pretty uncomfortable!

Happy Fun Monday, I think when I see all your holiday destinations I might be adding a few more places to my bucket list.

Archives:
2008: S'NO'W
2007: Mountain Trip by Cable Car

Labels: ,

23 Comments:

At 6/4/09 11:09, Blogger Hootin Anni said...

To walk part of the Great Wall of China would be something I'd do.

Happy Fun Monday...my post is published if you'd like to stop by. Have a great week.

 
At 6/4/09 12:10, Blogger Molly said...

Chris, you do have some exciting times ahead. I look forward to your pictures and adventures from these trips.

This does seem like a very fun topic for a Monday.

(Like Anni I would love to see and stand on the Great Wall of China, but maybe I should visit Britain and see Hadrian's wall first.)

 
At 6/4/09 12:20, Blogger FH said...

China!! My dream holiday too but may be when kids are out of home! :D

India next?

We have booked to go to Hawaii in June, can't wait.

 
At 6/4/09 13:00, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a trip! Trips.

 
At 6/4/09 13:44, Blogger Patience said...

WoW! Your vacations are much more exotic than any of mine!!

 
At 6/4/09 13:46, Anonymous margaret (the misanthrope) said...

Wow - now those sound like some exciting destinations! I can't wait to read about your adventures!

 
At 6/4/09 14:54, Anonymous jill said...

my husband would love the trip.

 
At 6/4/09 16:13, Blogger Gattina said...

China also is on my travel list ! In Tunesia I have been 3 or 4 times. It is very beautiful in the South. I had done a round trip the first time. But October is quite late and it can be very cold. Except in Djerba of course. I love travelling too, now that I have time !

 
At 6/4/09 16:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

Gattina now you have me worried about the temp. I must go and check. I thought it would still be pretty warm during the day. I don't mind it being cold at night.

 
At 6/4/09 16:35, Blogger ChrisB said...

Molly I confess to never having visited Hadrian's Wall!

 
At 6/4/09 16:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha India is pretty near the top of my list, so I'm hoping to get there one day.

 
At 6/4/09 17:35, Blogger Faye said...

We should be taking notes on where everyone is vacationing so we will be sure to not miss the travel accounts and photos. Don't you just love the process of planning a vacation, especially foreign travel? Almost as good as actually going on the trip--not! You're heading to countries I've never visited so will be interested in your impressions.

 
At 6/4/09 18:13, Blogger Driftwood and Pumpkin said...

WOW! That sounds like so much fun. I have to admit that I am a bit of a loser when it comes to traveling and I get very nervous! Maybe when my kids are out of the nest I will worry less!

 
At 6/4/09 20:30, Blogger Jientje said...

Gee wow, you're going to see some very interesting parts of the world!! You just made me very jealous, I'm hoping to do some travelling too, in the years to come!

 
At 6/4/09 22:16, Blogger Living Life said...

Man oh man, I would love to go to China and Dubai. I don't think it will ever happen though. There is still so much I want to see in the US! I will pray for your safe travels!

 
At 7/4/09 01:05, Blogger Jan said...

Chris, your trip sounds fabulous. I can't wait to read about it.

 
At 7/4/09 01:46, Blogger Sayre said...

OH, how wonderful! I have a friend who went to Tunisia on vacation last year and said it was the best vacation she'd ever been on. I hope you have the same kind of experience!

 
At 7/4/09 04:32, Blogger Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

I'm sure you will have a great time! Please do make sure you have the booster flu shot before you go to the Great Wall, that if they have not ask you yet... ;)

 
At 7/4/09 05:56, Blogger Steffi said...

wow Chris...your itinerary in China sounds good!I wish I could traveling with you!I can´t wait to see your pics and news from there!The Great Wall I would love to see too!Have a great time and come back healthy.And than after to Tunesia - not bad!
Have a nice day!

 
At 7/4/09 20:21, Blogger Alison said...

you are going to have a wonderful time, the trip looks fabulous!!

 
At 7/4/09 23:42, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Wow - even Dubai? Very cool.

I stayed in Abu Dhabi in 1986 - and we took a day trip to Dubai. Back then - there was NOTHING in Dubai. Really. Abu Dhabi was the place to be. Things sure have changed in 20 some years!!!

 
At 8/4/09 05:57, Blogger Pamela said...

I can't believe its been 20 years since Kar went there. wow. I'm becoming ancient.

I can't wait to see the posts when you go on that trip.

 
At 8/4/09 08:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

Karmyn if you have photos we'll have to do a then and now blog.

Pamela I gather quite a lot of Dubai is still under construction. I saw a worrying TV programme just this week about how the construction workers are being exploited there. Not that we will see any of that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home