Thursday, April 02, 2009

Woodpigeon and an Award

I think I've become a bit obsessed with trying to get a decent bird photo. This morning, when I was making my breakfast, I saw this Woodpigeon in our yard it stayed a round for a long time and took up this position on the seat. I opened the kitchen door but thought I would frighten it away if I tried to get closer. It looks like it is inspecting my car!My friend Kitten gave me this delightful little award that she made herself.
It is so bright and cheerful and that's what blog friends do- brighten up your day. Thank you so much, Kitten, I will be adding this to my special gallery. I won't presume, but I pass this on to anyone who feels I brighten their day.

Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-43
2007: Fun Monday-11 What's in your wardrobe!

Labels: , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 2/4/09 13:21, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Birds can be most uncooperative. A good telephoto lens helps -- or you can crop the picture and make it look like you were closer. :)

 
At 2/4/09 13:38, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC I did put a cropped version on my photo blog-but it's still not that good.

 
At 2/4/09 13:53, Blogger FH said...

Cute bird but hope it won't poop on your lovely Corolla! :D

I see lot of beautiful red Cardinals and Blue Jays these days here, got to get a photo.

 
At 2/4/09 16:44, Blogger Attie said...

humm It definetly looks like it's maybe thinking of takin it for a cruise!! looks like a big Birdie!! And it is a cute award isn't it!!

 
At 2/4/09 18:00, Blogger Unknown said...

Woodpigeons are best roasted or smoked!

 
At 2/4/09 18:14, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

Oh JOhn!!!

It looks similar to the Band-tailed pigeon we have here.. Very pretty.

 
At 2/4/09 18:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

john come and get them because as you know that's a delicacy I'm not too fond of LOL.

 
At 2/4/09 18:28, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

Oh come on... we all know that bird was just sizing-up your car to see if it would make a good target for it to poop on! lol :P

 
At 3/4/09 07:01, Blogger Steffi said...

The pigeon observe your car....I think some minutes later you have a big blot of sh...on your car.Here are doing the pigeons that.
Have a nice day,Chris!

 
At 3/4/09 08:03, Blogger willowtree said...

Oh no! It's inspecting your car, that can't be good.

 
At 3/4/09 08:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

It's definitely giving my car the once over! What you can't see is all the poop on the other side of the car-I should really be giving it a wash.

 
At 3/4/09 16:58, Blogger Sam said...

You'll have to come stay with us. The birds love us 'round here cos we feed them only the best food.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home