Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Planning a trip


Image Copyrighted by Historylink101.com & found at China Picture Gallery.

I was out all day today so didn't really have time to write a post. I met up with the three friends I'm going with on my trip to China next month. Another friend who went there many years ago brought all her photos for us to see and I think we are going to see some spectacular sights, but also a lot of poverty. I think you have to barter when buying things-now this is where my brother would be good he always tries to get discount on everything (and often succeeds).

We planned what we need to take with us- it's important to be sure we have hairdryers and a kettle and toilet paper! It's difficult to imagine that in many places that it may not be provided. Oh and I gather that facilities are, often, very basic! Marian advised us not to use the toilet s at the Great Wall-I somehow don't think I can walk and keep my legs crossed for that long so I've got a clothes peg for my nose! :)

I'm on countdown until April 27th....

Archives:
2008: Fun Monday-60 Inspirational Quotes
2007: I'm barely half normal

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 1/4/09 09:34, Blogger willowtree said...

Woohoo!!!!!

 
At 1/4/09 13:51, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I'm sure it will be a great trip, but it amazes me that someone would copyright a rather generic and so-so photo. It's odd what strikes me some days. ;)

 
At 1/4/09 16:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

AC I agree with you I just googled for a free photo and this was the first that came up. (I thought it was pretty poor but followed the rules and acknowledged).

 
At 1/4/09 17:07, Blogger Steffi said...

Wow...How cool!You will travel to China!I am sure you will have a great travel,Chris!

 
At 1/4/09 19:27, Anonymous Karmyn R said...

That is going to be such a wonderful trip! I cannot wait to see the pictures that YOU take!

 
At 1/4/09 22:24, Blogger Jan said...

Sounds wonderful. You should have a grand trip.

 
At 3/4/09 07:08, Blogger Barbara said...

How exciting Chris. I hope you have a wonderful time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home