Sunday, April 05, 2009

Palm Sunday

On Palm Sunday, children here are, traditionally, given crosses made from single palm leaves. As a child I loved the procession around the church and I kept my cross on the wall above my bed.

We passed one of our local churches this morning when they were having a procession around the church. This is to help them imagine what Jesus' entry into Jerusalem might have been like.

We were on our way to Wales, on an important mission, that I'll tell you more about later in the week.

Archives:
2008: Good Chat Award
2007: Thinking Blogger Award

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/4/09 22:31, Blogger Beccy said...

And as I know, mission was accomplished!

 
At 5/4/09 23:07, Blogger Attie said...

kids get Palms as we go threw the doors..My grandma used to weave a cross with them...I tried. not good!

 
At 6/4/09 07:02, Blogger bichonpawz said...

I have alot of memories of Palm Sundays with my parents growing up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home