Friday, February 06, 2009

I'm still at home!

Dogs don't worry about the weather.


Well as you can see I didn't make it to Dublin yesterday. I have now experienced having my flight cancelled not once but twice in a day. There were no flights available today which was just as well because I hear on the news the airport had again cancelled flights. I have an early morning flight booked tomorrow but it really doesn't look too hopeful. I've spoken to Beccy and she has the children off school, the bus wasn't running, so conditions in Dublin seem to be much the same as here.

My neighbour is a great bloke he has cleared the road single handed everyday this week, only for it to be several inches deep in snow by the next morning (I took a sneaky photo of him hard at work).
I felt very guilty for not getting out there to help him. I chatted to him from my dining room window and apologised for not helping. I had to laugh when he sweetly said "don't worry-when I'm 60 odd I won't be doing it either". I wonder who he thinks cleared my steps earlier.

Embee managed to get into work today but arrived home early about an hour ago. I suggested he did a little snow clearing and he's thinking about it! If he does go out I will probably help-well I will as soon as I have finished this. Actually I think I can hear him outside so better go and show my face.


I decided to snap some snow scenes in monochrome.


Archives:
2008: Witty Wednesday-36.html"
2007: Was yours a top toy

Labels: , ,

15 Comments:

At 6/2/09 15:54, Blogger Steffi said...

Oh sorry to hear that you are still at home!That sounds not good!I hope the situation will be soon better!So much snow!
Have a nice weekend,Chris!Greetings to Beccy!

 
At 6/2/09 15:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thanks Steffi I'm keeping my finger crossed for tomorrow but it doesn't look good.

 
At 6/2/09 16:05, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Your monochromes look good too. Winter is very monochrome around here, especially in the country. Snow is white, deciduous trees are bare, and the conifers look dark.

 
At 6/2/09 16:15, Blogger Beccy said...

I love all the photos, you had a much better snowfall than us! It's been really sunny today and most of the snow has melted so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

 
At 6/2/09 16:25, Blogger Unknown said...

Chris, there is a load more forecast for Sunday!

 
At 6/2/09 16:45, Blogger Jill said...

we heard here that you guys dont have snowplows. i find that odd living in the midwest of the US, we ALWAYS have snowplows! people even have their own and are small businesspeople that way, and/or volunteer to help other people get out. so even if city plows weren't working in SOME places, we'd all b e okay...

 
At 6/2/09 17:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I first heard how much snow had practically shut down the whole country I thought it was crazy! Then the more I thought about it, it's all relative, isn't it?
Our amount of snow here is a piddly amount to someone from Michigan, and tons more than you have.
Hope you get to leave soon!

Lisa

 
At 6/2/09 17:59, Blogger FH said...

Oh no!! Such a disappointment for you and Beccy too. Hope you get that flight soon. Have a fun snow day! :)

 
At 6/2/09 18:32, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH NO!! Sorry you haven't made it. I hate when the weather interferes with grand plans.

 
At 6/2/09 18:53, Blogger Sam said...

I keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow too - can you stay longer - change your return date too? At least you are retires and life is one long holiday. good luck - I'll be away with my GFs but will try and check in on mail to see how you got on.

 
At 6/2/09 20:00, Blogger Beckie said...

Wow you have had a bit of an accumulation of snow there.

I hope the flight works out for tomorrow.

 
At 6/2/09 23:06, Blogger ChrisB said...

john if I get there I might have to stay longer!

lil mouse we so rarely get snow that the councils feel it's not worth the investment same with individual people.

Lisa I know what you mean but we're just not used to coping with even a small snowfall.

sam not sure I consider it one long holiday!

beccy hopefully tomorrow will be OK

AC I so rarely think to use that facility on my camera, but somehow it seemed to work in the snow.

 
At 7/2/09 01:50, Blogger Sabrina said...

What wild weather! And we are experiencing quite the opposite! Hope you make the flight soon!!! Love the monochrome!

 
At 7/2/09 02:36, Blogger Pamela said...

that is so disappointing!

You may just have to plan a new vacation around another time.

we did that at Christmas when we have 2 feet of it

 
At 7/2/09 14:36, Blogger MarmiteToasty said...

Bloody hell at still be here, but better safe then sorry......

We only had 2 days of snow down here in the south, we was cheated LOL

x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home