Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meme = 5 Projects (+1) and an award

When Rantz came up with an idea for a new meme I did not volunteer to be tagged. I thought, smugly, that I would just sit back and enjoy reading what others were doing. Little did I realise that, Wendy who volunteered and immediately set about the task, would be tagging me!

This is setting yourself 5 Projects (+1) defining those projects and then tagging 5 people to do the same. (+1 being regular updates).

I know there are numerous things I should be doing but actually putting it in writing means I have to get them done, because the catch for this Meme is I will have to admit it in the updates and Rantz will be playing *big brother* by tracking. Now as far as I'm aware there is no set time for updating-phew!

I have been pondering my priorities for a few days and this is what I have decided:

1 Purchase the G.I. Diet Express- will try Amazon for this-then try and change my *bad* eating habits.

2 Start taking a daily walk again- haven't done this since I retired. Prior to this I walked just a mile around the block at 6am every morning before work. Now I have no intention of getting up that early but I do intend to walk daily. I suppose this one is really related to the first one.

3 Clear out and reorganise our large cellar room- I have already got Embee to agree that we start this task over the Easter holiday. He's even planning to take an extra couple of days off work.

4 Knit bed socks before next winter-don't laugh I haven't done any knitting for years but I do still have all my needles.

5 Put the family history into some format that can be passed on to my children and grand children-I think this might take me longer than I anticipate, but we'll see.

+1 Provide regular updates- this will be as and when!!

Now I have to tag five friends:

Little Wanderer who will be going on holiday to the sun in 5 weeks-she can contemplate her projects while she is away!

Steffi who is a brilliant dressmaker and always has lots of sewing projects up her sleeve!

Daffy who I feel sure will be able to come up with a few ideas to follow through, she sees some interesting birds in her garden and reads a lot of good books some of which get passed on to lucky me!

Marmite Toasty because she writes such funny posts and I'm sure, if she accepts the tag, she would think up some hilarious projects.

Little Miss Moi who now has Little Miss Sproglet, now there must be lots of projects she wants to do while getting through winter in Kiev/Kyiv!

A couple of days after getting the meme Wendy created this little award for me-now I wonder if she will still think my blog is interesting after she sees my project list!
I love having my own personal award so thanks a million Wendy x

I'd better log into Amazon now and see if I can order the BOOK!!!!!!!!

Archives:
2008: 500 Posts Later
2007: Fun Monday-Pictorial View growing up after the war

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 29/1/09 17:11, Blogger FH said...

Hahaha! You know I used to knit, paint, embroider and Crochet too before I got married and have saved all the needles etc but haven't touched them in yrs! LIFE!!

Hope you do some of those projects, if not all, specially Winter socks for next Winter!:D

 
At 29/1/09 19:58, Blogger wendishness said...

YES your blog is STILL interesting! They're great projects too. This is what makes it interesting, the different things people are doing and I like that there is no time limit on updates and doing the projects too. And it's a helpful way to get motivated ;)

 
At 29/1/09 21:24, Blogger Sabrina said...

I gave up knitting ages ago and wonder what to do with my misc. yarn and needles. Well wishes in getting all the projects done!

 
At 29/1/09 21:43, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your super lovely award and I'm tagged up my dear! Speed is good!
Good luck on all of your projects. Can I have some socks please?

 
At 30/1/09 00:17, Blogger Mal Kiely [Lancelots Pram] said...

You GO, girl!!! lol

 
At 30/1/09 03:05, Blogger Pamela said...

at least you can come up with things to accomplish.

Heck - I can't even accomplish a "tag" anymore. sigh.

I'd love to walk with you. I walk a couple of miles today and yesterday. The weather is finally warming. But next week is supposed to be chilly again.

 
At 30/1/09 08:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely award, and well deserved too.
love being tagged!!!
off to think about my projects now byeeeeeee

 
At 30/1/09 09:48, Blogger Beccy said...

I think the last one should get priority!

 
At 30/1/09 10:51, Blogger ChrisB said...

Asha I aim to give it my best shot.

itsme I've already started book ordered and ~I took a walk this morning!

sabrina knitting does seem less popular these days although I know not everyone will agree with this statement.

daffy I'll see how I get on with the knitting it might just be a total disaster.

mal this is all Rantz fault LOL.

Pamela I can't think of anything I'd enjoy more than to join you on a walk. We might be getting snow next week :(

LW glad you are going to take up the challenge.

Beccy I've got to find the things I've already written -probably buried somewhere on the old computer.

 
At 30/1/09 17:57, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay - I've got to start walking again too. I think I'll join you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home