Sunday, February 01, 2009

Worm Works (update) # 2

A few days after I'd first settled the worms into their new home I decided that it was too cold for them in my porch. Now I know there will be those of you who will be shaking your heads and wringing your hands in horror.....when I say, I brought them into the house!
Now stop and think about it...they are housed in a plastic container, it's winter so there is no smell and no flies or other insects to be attracted. I figured lots of other pets live in the house so why not the worms!!!

I continued to monitor their progress and realised that the bedding was a little on the dry side for them so I added some water and that seemed to suit them. I then put another handful of rotting food in the corner and......I think you will see from the photo that the worms are beginning to settle and they have definitely started eating, or at the very least they are attracted to the food corner. I think it will take a while until we see any real results but they are getting their feet under the table!


Archives:
2008: No archive
2007: I felt like the Ambassador's Guest

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At 1/2/09 08:06, Blogger bichonpawz said...

Well.....OK.....I think I got the picture Chris....although I didn't look too closely!!

 
At 1/2/09 09:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

LOL that's why I've done the update on a Sunday-not many people visit. I know a couple of people showed an interest in the process and it is quite fascinating.

 
At 1/2/09 15:44, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I've known about this method for along time, but I don't think it's ever really caught on here. I can't understand why.

 
At 1/2/09 17:07, Blogger Attie said...

th are still icky!! you brave woman!!!

 
At 1/2/09 20:42, Blogger Jan said...

"Pets" LOL. Good post, Chris. I think they'd do fine outside, but a little TLC, never hurt anyone, or anything.

 
At 2/2/09 01:35, Blogger A Spot of T said...

No horror here, I'm very interested in this process!!

 
At 2/2/09 07:32, Blogger Pamela said...

I saw dead worms on my walk today.
I think they crawled out on to the pavement where it was warm - and then the sun went down and they froze to death.

Yours look nice and.. uh.. snuggly warm. ha ha ha

 
At 2/2/09 07:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no worms in the house! OK then now I would like to know what names you have given to your pet worms!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home