Thursday, February 01, 2007

I felt like the Ambassador's guest

A few weeks back I gave my neighbour lift to the airport, as he was off to sunny Lanzarotte for a two week break. Anyone who has been reading my blog since I started it will remember David who had his leg in plaster and then had a nasty fall. You may also recall that I used to take him the odd bowl of soup etc when he couldn't manage to cook. Going on holiday when he did meant he managed to miss all the storms. He came home having had a wonderful time in a five star hotel, and looking quite tanned, lucky him. Well, he was very grateful for the lift and the help I had given him so he brought me a little gift which was very thoughtful but quite unnecessary, particularly as he is a tailor and has done lots of little alterations to various garments sometimes free and sometimes for a fraction of the real cost. Any way I accepted the gift graciously and when I opened it I thought I was at the Ambassador's Party (do you remember the original advert. I found this video on you tube).
As you can see below I got my own mini version, very nice but no good for my expanding waist line.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 1/2/07 18:53, Blogger Sam said...

send them to me mum, we love ambassador's parties.

there is a restuarant in SF called Piperade where they have a dessert called "Biarritz Rocher" which is like a GIANT ferraro rocher on your plate.

It's a dessert I can even get Fred to eat.

 
At 1/2/07 19:03, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam Would love to see that dessert

 
At 1/2/07 19:34, Blogger Barbara said...

Eat them all in one sitting then you won't worry about your waist every time you have one.

 
At 1/2/07 20:03, Blogger enidd said...

...or make this http://www.abc.net.au/northwest/stories/s1001631.htm - or maybe not :-)

 
At 1/2/07 20:10, Blogger Sam said...

ha ha - barbara - that is my philosophy for eating all the chocolate at once too, but i have never admitted it to anyone.

 
At 1/2/07 20:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

barbara not even I could manage that!!


enid is very clever to find this recipe I have added it to my collection thank you

 
At 1/2/07 20:20, Blogger Beccy said...

Yuck, I don't like them, the children do though!

 
At 1/2/07 22:15, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy is it the nuts you don't like?

 
At 1/2/07 23:03, Blogger Beccy said...

The nuts, the sickly sweet artifical taste the wrapper, the ads the chocolate....The kids love it when I'm given them as they know they'll get to eat them all!

 
At 2/2/07 01:17, Blogger Devon said...

What a decadant treat! Hope you enjoy.. you sound like a good friend and neighbor!

 
At 2/2/07 09:18, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy now I know what to bring them for a treat

devon I do try to be; he is also a good neighbour I won't explain why here this has given me a topic for a post.

 
At 2/2/07 15:02, Blogger The very nice man said...

Chrisb -
Unwrap them all, melt them down in a thick-bottomed pan, add Bailey's Irish Cream and pour the mixture over vanilla ice-cream. Mmmmmm!!!

 
At 2/2/07 16:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

Erik you are 'naughty but nice' that sounds even more calorific but yummy. Now I have the pan and the vanilla ice-cream drat no Bailey's Irish cream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home