Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Now I fully realise that for those of you who have snow, snow and more snow that the few inches that we had yesterday would not even be worth mentioning. However, because we get so little it's a big deal which has to be recorded. So yesterday as the snowflakes fell I took a couple of pictures.

Below is what I looked out on first thing this morning. You will see my neighbour put salt on his bit of the road, but it wasn't too icy and the main roads were completely clear.
I'm not sure if they had any snow in Dublin so I decided to go out and play this afternoon and make a snowman for Ben my youngest grandson. When I looked at my snow post 2007 (8th Feb) I realised the photos are practically identical, except the previous snowman was much better!

Ben I do so wish you had been here to help me.

Snow 2008
S'No'w 2008
Jan 2009


Archives:
2008: Comfort Food for a Cold Day
2007: Top 20 Toys of all Time

Labels: , , ,

13 Comments:

At 3/2/09 17:51, Blogger FH said...

YAY! I saw that in BBC America! :D

We are expecting snow flurries today and all the schools are off! What a waste of a day for kids. It's 48F here now, what snow day? :P

Enjoy the snowman! :)

 
At 3/2/09 18:05, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Everybody over there seems to be posting snow pics today. Enjoyable.

 
At 3/2/09 18:47, Blogger A Spot of T said...

Looking out my window to three feet of snow kinda has me snickering at these pictures but I do GET that if you aren't used to it, then it can be a big thing. Wait til the temps drop to -30 C. Teehee

 
At 3/2/09 19:56, Blogger Pamela said...

toooo funny -- your snowman is so clever.

 
At 3/2/09 20:49, Blogger willowtree said...

Very picturesque Chris, it's a shame it caused so much havoc across Britain.

 
At 3/2/09 21:29, Blogger Beccy said...

Ben would have loved to come and help, we had some snow but it didn't settle where we live although it did settle every else in Ireland. Ben scraped some snow off my car today to make a snowball and is storing it in my freezer!

 
At 3/2/09 22:33, Blogger the mother of this lot said...

Love the snowman Chris! I'm back, by the way. Obviously, or I wouldn't be commenting.

 
At 4/2/09 03:02, Blogger Barbara said...

I can't imagine waking up to snow. It must be so cold Chris.

 
At 4/2/09 03:05, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say last year's snowman was better - just different. They each have their unique cuteness about them.

 
At 4/2/09 11:02, Blogger karisma said...

Now that is some snowman! Way to go granny!

Your "little bit of snow" made the news down here! Nice and refreshing to look at from our melting point of view!

 
At 5/2/09 13:22, Blogger Steffi said...

I saw and heard about the snow chaos in UK!It must be terrible.I donĀ“t like so much snow - but it looks great!Nice pics!

 
At 6/2/09 21:29, Blogger Beccy said...

Ben says 'that is the coolest snowman I have ever seen'.

 
At 6/2/09 22:06, Blogger Beccy said...

Dillon smiled and said 'that's cool'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home