Sunday, January 20, 2008

Electronic Arts~ Redwood City


Last week I gave you glimpse into Lucas Films and today you get a glimpse of the Electronic Arts building where Sam now works. I was also lucky enough to be shown around her work environment and have a quick lunch with her on my last day in San Francisco. I can't tell you anything about Sam's current project (that's in anticipation of anyone asking!). The two photos below are just the back of the buildings as viewed from the lovely sunny spot outside one of the canteen. I was not at all impressed with the sandwich I ordered and in fact as I recall I did not eat it all and it was so unmemorable I can't even tell you what was in it! I should have tried to get more photos because there are very good facilities for staff~ the tennis courts caught my eye as you can imagine!

I couldn't resist going into the shop to buy a little gift for the grandchildren! (I meant to take a photo but forgot~ cute little figure clocks).

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
HINT # 4 These are White Vinegar tips.
Label Remover
Soak the label or sticker with vinegar, leave until it is saturated, then peel off. (now this is something I always have problems with so I need to try it out)

Collars and cuffs
Collars and cuffs can be cleaned by rubbing a thick paste of baking soda and vinegar onto the stains before washing in the usual way.

Fabric Softener and static cling reducer
Use as you would a liquid fabric softener.

Stain Remover
For stains caused by grass,coffee, tea, fruits and berries, soak clothing in full strength vinegar.

Getting rid of underarm marks
Perspiration marks can be eliminated by soaking them with vinegar before laundering in the usual way, To remove the solid residue on the underarm of a shirt left by deodorants, soak the area in white vinegar until saturated then wash as usual. This also removes any odour as well.

Cutting down lint on clothing
Another reason to use vinegar in the rinse cycle is that it cuts down on the lint. Put 150-275ml (1/4-1/2 pt) in the rinse cycle. You will notice the reduction in lint in the family's clothes. ( I have a few things that might benefit from this !!)

Terry Nappies
(oh I remember them well!!)
1.Use 275ml (1/2pt) of vinegar to 9 litres (2 gallons) water in nappy pail to neutralise urine and it also helps to keep them from staining. ( wish I'd known this 40 years ago)

2. Adding 275ml (1/2pt) vinegar during rinse cycle equalises the pH balance and has been reported to prevent nappy rash.

3. Using vinegar in the wash cycle cuts the cost. Use half the recommended detergent during the wash and skip the fabric conditioner. Instead, put the nappies through an additional rinse at the end.

Unfortunately although I think it would be much better for the environment I somehow don't think Terry Nappies will make a big comeback~ although having said that I did notice in some of the nurseries I used to inspect some parents were beginning to use them.
*****************************************************************
Now to a different sort of vinegar!
Anyone who likes English Fish 'n' Chips will also know there is nothing quite like the taste of the salt and vinegar they provide in the shop. Embee noticed the other day that they were actually selling it. So, naturally, we had to try it.... and yes it does taste authentic!
Archives:
2007: Don't you just love Garfield

Labels: , ,

13 Comments:

At 20/1/08 11:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vinegar is a Must Have in any household!

 
At 20/1/08 13:04, Blogger Beccy said...

I missed fish and chips on my last visit. I am very sad as it was August the last time I had them and goodness knows when the next time will be *sob*.

 
At 20/1/08 13:29, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy I knew you say this~ you can have them when you and Ben come in the summer~ dad says he will pay your flight so keep him to that!

 
At 20/1/08 16:27, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have used vinegar for many of the cleaning tasks you mention - mostly to clean out the coffee pots. I have to use it sparingly, due to its potent wafting smell that filters throughout the rest of the house - most of the time, we evacuate for a period of time. Yes, vinegar is the clean-all solution. NLM

 
At 20/1/08 16:39, Blogger ChrisB said...

NLM the smell is a bit off putting but it does disappear quite soon !!

 
At 20/1/08 17:23, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I would have had those vinegar tips 30 years ago when I used cloth diapers on my son!

Mmmm. Fish and Chips - love 'em. But don't know how what I have had compares to the real thing. Maybe one of these days!

 
At 20/1/08 18:04, Blogger Sam said...

mum- your link is to the UK studio.
I found this which is a really cute tour by a previous visitor with photo links.

 
At 20/1/08 18:46, Blogger katy said...

great tips for cleaning, I think you should call over and show me!!!!
I will be looking out for the chip shop vinegar too

 
At 20/1/08 19:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam thank you I have actually altered the post now.

 
At 20/1/08 20:06, Blogger Steffi said...

Thank you for good your household tipps,Chris!But unfortunately I canĀ“t buy Vinegar here.

 
At 21/1/08 00:14, Blogger Unknown said...

I wonder if I should soak the whole book in vinegar to remove the label. Hmmm. ;)

 
At 21/1/08 22:13, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Clearly I need to buy more vinegar!

 
At 22/1/08 20:56, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

I had some malt vinegar on fries (chips) yesterday. Someday I will have the real thing, though!

Lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home