Tuesday, December 11, 2007

My Secret Ornament Surprise Arrived Today!

Julie at Abbily Ever After had a brilliant idea when she organised a secret ornament swap. This morning I was eating my breakfast whilst writing a post about my recent holiday when the doorbell rang. It was the postman delivering me a package! I usually only get junk mail and bills so you can imagine how excited I was to get this little surprise from Megan, across the pond, at Three Time Mommy. So naturally I had to tell you about it immediately and my other post will save for another day.

It is The White House Historical Association Christmas Ornament for 2007 and came beautifully boxed, which you might just see from the photo. It honours the first administration of President Grover Cleveland. He is the only US president to serve two non-consecutive terms (it's quite funny really because a couple of months ago this was a crossword question that I had to google). He is also the only president to marry in The White House and it is this event which is featured in the picture on the ornament. I was so fascinated to read all the historical detail in the pamphlet that came with it. As soon as I get the tree up my lovely new treasure will be on display for all to see.

Thank you so much Megan, but how did you know that this pretty ornament would suit me so well! BTW I love the notepaper with the pictures of your children they are so cute.

Also Big Thank you Julie for organising this popular event which I'm sure everyone will agree is proving to be be a huge success.
Archives:
December 11th 2006: Well done Sainsburys

Labels:

20 Comments:

At 11/12/07 18:05, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

That's a beautiful ornament Chris!

 
At 11/12/07 18:49, Blogger ChrisB said...

Emma I'm so delighted with it. I really enjoyed reading all the history.

 
At 11/12/07 19:01, Blogger katy said...

this is really pretty and so different

 
At 11/12/07 19:09, Blogger Sandy said...

That is beautiful, Chris, just not so different...lol. It is funny that we got the same ornament. I agree with you, though, it is really delightful.

 
At 11/12/07 20:04, Blogger Misty said...

that ornament is SOOO beautiful!

 
At 11/12/07 20:17, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

What a wonderful treat!

Lisa

 
At 11/12/07 20:30, Blogger Alix said...

What a lovely ornament

 
At 11/12/07 20:42, Blogger frannie said...

that is a really special ornament!

 
At 11/12/07 21:00, Blogger ChrisB said...

katy I've never seen anything like that in England but maybe I just haven't noticed.

sandy I'll be remembering you each year when I decorate my tree and of course Megan.

misty it's so different from any of my other ornaments which is really nice.

lisa, alix, frannie I think it's the only one I have that could be classed as a collectible.

 
At 11/12/07 21:12, Blogger Amy W said...

What a cool ornament!!

We actually get one every year since we have been married.

 
At 11/12/07 21:30, Blogger 3XMom said...

oh yay! I'm so glad it arrived in time, I was afraid it would be late, having to travel so far! Many people in this area make it a tradition to always get the White House ornament, but I figured it might be unique over there! I'm glad you liked it!

 
At 11/12/07 21:51, Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Gorgeous ornament!!

 
At 11/12/07 21:52, Blogger Unknown said...

What a beautiful ornament! I saw one of those on someone's blog yesterday and thought it was lovely then too. I never even knew they had ornaments like that until then.

 
At 11/12/07 22:11, Blogger ChrisB said...

3xmom definitely unique and I think it's a lovely tradition.

lisa c, rachel and amy I feel very lucky to have such a nice (early) Christmas present.

 
At 11/12/07 22:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - that is very nice.


I saw someone else get that EXACT same one (but from someone else!)

Dreaming What Ifs...

 
At 12/12/07 08:36, Blogger ChrisB said...

karmyn you must have been visiting Sandy then!

 
At 12/12/07 14:29, Blogger Julie said...

I'm so glad you like your ornament. They are a really neat tradition in the Washington, DC area - I sent my swap partner (Sandy) one as well. We buy one every year for our own tree.

 
At 12/12/07 18:43, Blogger Barbara said...

How pretty. What a fun swap.

 
At 15/12/07 01:58, Blogger ~ej said...

such a pretty ornament!! :-)

 
At 20/12/07 07:59, Blogger Steffi said...

How beautiful!Really nice ornament!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home