Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Introduction to 'Yield Wine Bar'



After arriving in San Francisco I was feeling pretty jaded having being awake for some 18 hours (I can never sleep on a plane. I read a whole book, except for the last chapter which I finished at the airport while I was waiting for Sam to pick me up. By the way I fully recommend this book). Thank you Alix
It was still early afternoon in San Francisco so it was a long time until I could sink into the oblivion of a comfy bed. Sam quickly whisked me off to do a bit of shopping that she needed for her Thanksgiving recipes. After this I was ready for catnap but Sam was insistent that I stayed awake. She assured me that I would benefit in the long run. At the time I didn't think so, as I actually felt quite ill because I was so tired.
The plan was to take me to the local wine bar Yield once Fred got home from work. It is a very short walk from where they live in the Dogpatch area of SF. You can find out more about Sam's locality here . In the end I think they were right as I lasted the evening and enjoyed my glass of wine and the delicious flatbread we had~I chose roasted pepper and oregano
see the plates are rapidly clearing! I can see why Sam and Fred enjoy visiting this friendly little neighbourhood bar which had a nice buzz of about it.

Sam has become friendly with the people who own the bar and she had brought a bottle of sparkling wine from England for the manager to try. Yes we got to have a glass as well It was well received and I think they were more than a little surprised that England produced such a reasonable quality sparkling wine!

Archives:
December 4th 2006: First Impression of Costa Del Sol

Labels: ,

20 Comments:

At 4/12/07 12:33, Blogger Dea said...

Sounds lovely Chris! Sam's so right about staying up too... really helps you beat the jet lag. My poor mother-in-law was the same way coming this way a couple of weeks ago. I told her she had to stay up until at least eight and she did... no probs from then on! ;-)

 
At 4/12/07 14:36, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

If the bar "had a nice buzz to it," I'll bet you did too. :)

 
At 4/12/07 14:51, Blogger thefoodsnob said...

Looks like a great place. I had no idea either that any sparkling wine was made in England.

Lisa

 
At 4/12/07 15:57, Blogger Kaytabug said...

yummm I love wine! Sam is right about the jet lag.

your link for the next FM just goes to the FM bade.

 
At 4/12/07 16:12, Blogger Alix said...

That sounds fun, glad the you conquered the jet lag and SO pleased that you liked the book. I hope Beccy does too when you pass it on.

 
At 4/12/07 16:30, Blogger Brooke - Little Miss Moi said...

Dear chrisb. I have to agree about staying awake. When I fly to Australia from Europe, I'm pretty much awake the whole time during the flight, and you arrive in Australia first thing in the morning... My sister made me stay awake when I arrived last time, except I babysat my niece while my sister when to the hairdresser... and when my niece had her afternoon nap, I did too! It was cheating, but I collapsed into bed at about 9pm, and slept the whole way through.

 
At 4/12/07 17:05, Blogger Beckie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The book looks good too.

 
At 4/12/07 18:15, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camel Valley Brut. Must go see if the local liquor store has that. Thanks for the recommendation.

Swampy's Blog

 
At 4/12/07 18:28, Blogger Sam said...

I thought I gave you links to all the places we visited? Why aren't you using them?

 
At 4/12/07 18:29, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The flatbread looks a bit like a pizza. It sounds yummy.


Dreaming What Ifs...

 
At 4/12/07 18:34, Blogger katy said...

not sure if i could manage to stay awake so well done on that one.
the flatbread sure looks tasty.

 
At 4/12/07 19:16, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4/12/07 20:21, Blogger Barbara said...

The first night is always the hardest after flying a long distance. Sounds like your first night was fun.

 
At 4/12/07 21:12, Blogger willowtree said...

Sam was 100% correct. It's not simply a matter of staying up that beats jet lag, it's switching to the local time from the moment you land, regardless of what time it is.

 
At 5/12/07 01:49, Blogger Unknown said...

I never sleep on planes either. And everytime I go 'home' (texas), my flight arrives late afternoon...and I always soldier on until local bedtime. And I don't feel jetlagged the rest of my trip- ever.

That food and wine at that restaurant looks really scrumptious.

And you're right. England DOES make some really nice sparkling wines!!

 
At 5/12/07 03:28, Blogger Robocop said...

I would love to visit this place.

 
At 5/12/07 04:28, Blogger Pamela said...

I've never been more than 3 hours in another time zone... and STILL I had jet lag.
However, I never tried to remedy it the first day with a yummy trip to the local wine bar

 
At 5/12/07 04:52, Blogger Kila said...

I didn't know England produced good wines. Will have to look for them.

 
At 5/12/07 05:47, Blogger SJINCO said...

Looks fantastic! And I (as well as some others I see) had no idea that England was home to sparkling wine. I'll have to keep my eyes out for some and give it a try!

 
At 5/12/07 19:04, Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks yummy...:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home