Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Other Side of the Bridge by Mary Lawson

When Alix over at DC Days reviewed this book, I decided that I would look for it next time I went to the bookshop. I thought it would be a story that my mother and I would enjoy. Alix then decided she would pass it on by having a draw from the people commenting and guess who was lucky enough to get the prize.
When the postman rang twice (yes he really did) on Friday and I saw he had a package I was quite excited as I guessed it was the book. I'm not usually a winner in draws and I was amazed how quickly it arrived. Why you might ask~ well I joined in a summer swap and never did get my parcel which is very disappointing both to the person who took the trouble to send it and to me who gave up long ago of ever receiving it. I know some parcels do get stolen on route so if someone has taken this parcel I trust they enjoyed the content not that I have any idea what was actually in the parcel. As usual I digress so back to the book~ my mother is delighted and she has already started reading it and I will read it after she has finished and then I expect it will go to Beccy when she is here at Christmas.

Alix thank you very much for sharing this book.
Archives:
November 11th 2006: Inspiration

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 11/11/07 10:08, Blogger Beccy said...

Oh goody, another book to read!

 
At 11/11/07 11:34, Blogger Steffi said...

Sounds like a good book and enjoy it!
Have a nice and pleasant sunday!

 
At 11/11/07 14:12, Blogger Sandy said...

The only thing better than a great book is a great book shared!

 
At 11/11/07 17:50, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy granny is really enjoying it.

steffi hope it's not too cold with the snow you've had.

sandy I couldn't agree more!

 
At 11/11/07 18:25, Blogger frannie said...

I never got my package either-- the one I sent arrived, though.

 
At 11/11/07 20:02, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie same here the package I sent arrived.

 
At 12/11/07 05:39, Blogger my4kids said...

Congratulations on winning the book!
Thats too bad your summer swap gift never arrived. Mine took a couple of months to get here and I was worried but this does seem like something must have happened to yours.

 
At 12/11/07 15:51, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've stopped doing swaps (for now) because I'm terrible at it! I take too long! But, what a lucky series of events for you to have received this book :).

 
At 14/11/07 14:38, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Read that and Crow Lake as well. I quite liked them.

 
At 14/11/07 14:47, Blogger Alix said...

I'm so glad it got there - I always worry about packages going missing.
Hope you, your Mum and Beccy all enjoy it as much as I did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home