Sunday, August 05, 2007

Meme

I have seen on several blogs that I regularly read and decided to give it a go I must be mad!!

1.WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? I decided to go straight to the horses mouth for the answer to this one. My mother says no, she was apparently reading a book at the time and saw the name and likes it as at the time it was not a common name. Coincidentally I chose Sam's name in a similar fashion, I'd heard it the film High Society when I believe Bing Crosby sang a song and again it was unusual. Around the time Sam was born the TV series about the witch Samantha was running so everyone assumed she was named after a witch (her birthday is a creepy date that I'll leave it to your imagination). Back to my name; I was given a mug which says:
"Even when it's arocky road you never try to shrug off your load. Your name, it is said means "Christ's Bearer". Which explains why you're such a good little sharer!" So now you know!!!!

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? I think there must be something wrong with my tear ducts I seem to have been crying a lot lately.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? it's awful no one can ever read it or so embee says (secretly I agree with him but I don't admit it)!!

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Difficult but I often choose Chicken- safe option I guess!

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? two flew the nest years ago (but they do return) and 3 tortoises well they need lots of care!

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Not sure about this one sometimes I can be pretty moody but don't tell anyone

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? maybe a bit less now I'm older

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No They were removed when I was quite young at a cottage hospital. I have very vivid memories of this time. I didn't really understand what was going on at the time. I was put into a bed with another girl (yes unbelievable isn't it) and when I came around I was in a different bed with a boy (good job I was only 4)!! I was taken home to my granny's house which was right opposite the hospital and I could not understand why everyone was eating cake and I wasn't being given any (kids were meant to be seen and not heard in those days and no explanations) or more importantly no ice cream to soothe the throat!!)

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?.... ABSOLUTELY NO WAY (far too scared)

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I like porridge but currently it's organic muesli but I always have fresh fruit on it (or sometimes dry fruit such as cranberries, goji and blueberries)

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Didn't laces go out with the arc surely it's velcro for us oldies!!!!

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Do you mean physically or mentally. I would say both my family would say I am just plain stubborn!!

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Difficult choc or mint but then there's so many nice fruit flavours; the things like 'christmas pudding' don't appeal

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? I think it's the face and does this person smile a lot (ha not being caught out!!)

15. RED OR PINK?.... PINK, definitely not "red" but I really like the whole pinky purple range of colours

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? that I'm over weight I hate myself

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? That's easy my daughters and grandchildren who I don't get to see as often as I like.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I think not !!

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? that's not fair I should have read the questions before I dressed- goggy green cropped trousers a lilca t-shirt and cream sandals all very old and scruffy-well it is Sunday

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? As I write I have just finished a bowl of muesli with fresh fruit

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? my itunes (random mix which just happens to be The Carpenters)

22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? any shade of purple .... it's my favorite colour

23. FAVORITE SMELLS? sun dried washing, newly bathed baby, scented freshias, lavender is this enough oh freshly baked bread and freshly brewed coffee. I could go on......

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Beccy and the grandchildren

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I don't think anyone sent this to me I remember seeing it on someone's blog and kept it for a non inspirational day. It's been sitting in my drafts half finished for what seems like months????

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? There's only one and that's TENNIS so why on earth did I booked a holiday that took up most of Wimbledon fortnight !!!!!! because I'm an idiot- no don't answer that one!

27. HAIR COLOR? for real light brown with plenty of grey or blonde highlights when I can afford it!!

28. EYE COLOR? blue last time I looked- do eyes go grey with age like the rest of the body!!

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No my eyes are too sensitive

30. FAVORITE FOOD? anything I don't have to cook!!

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? I'm a sucker for happy endings but I like scary as well.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? latest Harry Potter

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? lilac I already said that !!

34. SUMMER OR WINTER? summer I get so so SAD in the winter

35. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs from my grand kids

36. FAVORITE DESSERT? fresh fruit salad oh and anything made by Sam and Beccy

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? to requests for help

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND- demands to do something immediately I dig my heels in!!

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Leslie Pearce Charity (just finished it actually)

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? a vertical mouse 2

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT? Dance X (bit rubishy but they are so fit) Casualty (hospital soap well I was a nurse once but I don't remember it being like this!!) Empathy (new supernatural series)

42. FAVORITE SOUND? The voices of my children and grandchildren on the phone

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Neither but if I must choose the Beatles

44. WHAT IS THE FURTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Not good on the old geography but Embee says San Fransisco!!

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? I am the most untalented person I know but in the past I was a reasonable tennis player, I used to sew and knit.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? In a bed! in a cottage hospital in a place called Watlington. My mother told me that if she could have opened the window and jumped out she would have!!!!!!

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK? Anyone fancy doing this meme!!!

Labels:

10 Comments:

At 5/8/07 11:09, Blogger Steffi said...

Really good answers!I enjoyed to read it!I agree with you in some points of your meme.
Thank you for it.
Have a nice sunday!

 
At 5/8/07 11:47, Blogger Barbara said...

No way I would bungee jump either. I took some interesting photos of some young chaps bungee jumping when we were in the south island.

I hope some of your tears were happy tears Chris.

 
At 5/8/07 16:16, Blogger ChrisB said...

steffi so we're on the same wavelength for some things :)

barbara I think I'd die of a heart attack if I was forced to bungee jump- it would be a good method of torture -I'd soon spill the beans!!

 
At 5/8/07 17:21, Blogger Beccy said...

I thought your favourite colour was blue.

 
At 5/8/07 17:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

beccy it used to be I've changed in my old age!!

 
At 5/8/07 18:09, Blogger Sam said...

like beccy i learnt a surprising thing or two here

 
At 5/8/07 18:22, Blogger ChrisB said...

did you Sam now I wonder what that is ??

 
At 5/8/07 21:24, Blogger Sam said...

I am not sure I like my birthdate being broadcast. It's not very secure.

 
At 5/8/07 23:37, Blogger Beckie said...

That is a fun Meme - I may tuck it away for later.

 
At 5/8/07 23:48, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam I've removed it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home