Wednesday, August 01, 2007

What are "timbits" Enidd asks!!!

In response to a comment I made on Enidd's blog she asked "what are Timbits'?
On my recent trip to Canada my ememy friend, Kim introduced me to Tim Horton's coffee with a shot of cream and these delectable little bite size do(ugh)nuts. I tried to protest but I have no willpower so allowed myself to be easily pursuaded to try them. They were small and it didn't feel like eating a real sinful doughnut. But my guess is that 3 small = one large (minimum box was 10). Oh and of course it's a myth that they are the middles out of regular size donuts, but you knew that - me I'm gullible!!
The nice thing is they come in a variety of flavours would you believe 39 varieties (each store carries a minimum of 8) - Tina and I both particularly liked the cinnamon. We fought over the apple (I lost), the sour cream was tasty and the chocolate was just OK in my opinion. I was not keen on the coconut.

I hope you will let me know if you have a favourite and Enidd I'm sure Stalin would make short work of a box of these!!

I'm not a Starbucks fan and they are popping up all over the UK but if Tim Horton decided to hop across the Atlantic I'd be first in the queue!!!
PS if you've come for Witty Weds there will be a post up directly.

Labels:

17 Comments:

At 1/8/07 11:59, Blogger Dea said...

Oh yum! You're making me hungry. Love Tim Hortons! Used to go all the time in Michigan... a donut, sandwich and coffee all for $4.95, couldn't beat it! Timbits were regular treats in the office! I like the sour cream glaze myself... mmm!

We have tim horton's donuts in Tesco here but they're not the same at all.

 
At 1/8/07 13:01, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Tim's rocks. Starbucks ... doesn't. Unfortunately we were surrounded by Starbucks and not Tims where we were staying in Vancouver. But here at home, it's Tims!!

 
At 1/8/07 13:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, they look good, chris. stalin asks if they have dogmeat, cat or rotting bird flavours?

 
At 1/8/07 15:37, Blogger Jill said...

dude timbits rock! i have to remember to persuade my hubby to go to canada with me, timbits are so good!

 
At 1/8/07 16:45, Blogger ChrisB said...

deborah beccy's family much prefer Sainsbury's to Tesco for doughnuts.

AC My friend used to pop out to the drive through T.H's for our morning coffee (mind you I wasn't about to complain)!!

enidd we'll have to suggest some new flavours just for Stalin!!

lil mouse I'd be piling on even more pounds if I lived in Canada!!

 
At 1/8/07 17:08, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think we have Tim Horton's around, but we do have Dunkin'Donuts, which has Munchkins (same as timbits!) I generally boycott Starbucks.

 
At 1/8/07 19:34, Blogger Unknown said...

Timbits. I had to look at the name twice!

 
At 1/8/07 19:52, Blogger frannie said...

we call them doughnut holes here

I think Krispy Kreme sells them as well as Dunkin-- our big chains

 
At 1/8/07 22:42, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of either - but they look yummy.

 
At 1/8/07 22:57, Blogger willowtree said...

With all that stuff they put on them maybe they should be called Zitbits!

Don't get me wrong, they look fantastic, and I could probably do justice to a couple of boxes.

 
At 2/8/07 04:49, Blogger BS said...

They look like Munchkins that you get at Dunkin Donuts - Starbucks - way too expensive, I only go there if I have been the recipient of a Gift Card - I refuse to spend my hard earned money there !!

 
At 2/8/07 09:28, Blogger ChrisB said...

lisa and BS I'm glad I'm not the only one to avoid starbucks!!

john trust you haha!

frannie I saw Dunkin donut but haven't tried them -I guess they are similar!

karmyn yummy but far too many calories!

WT LOL good name for them. I must remember that!!

 
At 2/8/07 20:33, Blogger sallywrites said...

Yummmm....

 
At 2/8/07 23:28, Blogger my4kids said...

little donuts are the best!

 
At 3/8/07 19:33, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Timmy's. I was only in Canada 5 days, but Timmy's is more addictive than crack. I miss it already.

 
At 4/8/07 11:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mark thanks for dropping by; we spent 11 days in and around Toronto. I'd love to return to Canada and visit some of the places you did Bridal falls looks amazing.

 
At 7/8/07 22:21, Blogger Emma in Canada said...

I'm not a fan of Tim Horton's ...their tea doesn't taste as nice as mine! But the doughnuts are pretty good. And it is cheap, so that always works.

When you say 'double double' in England do they know what you mean?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home