Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Who'd buy a Pink TV

First I hope you all enjoyed the Bank Holiday Monday; the weather in this part of the country was very wet and windy in the morning and sunny and windy in the afternoon. So when our original plan to take a cycle ride was scuppered (we're fair weather people), I tentatively suggested to embee that he cleared out his wardrobe (closet). I wasn't really expecting a positive response but he surprised me by agreeing, apparently, he'd been thinking about doing it anyway. We spent a couple of hours sorting and turning out a lot of clothes that no longer fit as well as those that have seen better days. The end result is I now have a couple of bags of clothes to get rid of and he has nice tidy shelves (I wonder how long this will last!!).
When I was shopping this morning I happened to walk down the electrical aisle in my local supermarket and I saw this (good job I had my camera in my bag!):
I wonder if anyone buys these items. I can see the appeal to some children, and I suppose you might want to colour co-ordinate a room but it's a no no for me. On the other hand I have daughters who adore pink so it might appeal to them!! What about you???
I had just got myself home unpacked the shopping, (a job I hate) and settled down to eat lunch and read the paper when the door bell rang. It was the chap to deliver some fence panels and he was alone as his work mate has just decided to leave and go it alone. Hmm the panels needed to be stored flat at the back of the house and as I didn't want him struggling to lift or to drag them I said I would help. I must have been mad, the guy said he was worried about his back, I'm certainly worried about mine. Anyway, we did carry them across the yard (the wind was really strong so he would never have managed it alone). They are now safely stored waiting for the concrete posts to arrive. What worries me is if he cannot find anyone to help him will I end up labouring when he comes to replace the old fence. Also will I get some discount- I doubt it !! and Ohh is my back sore now does anyone know a good masseur?!!

Labels: , ,

19 Comments:

At 8/5/07 18:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure my daughter would love a pink tv, but she's not getting a tv in her bedroom until she's 18! (Hopefully she won't be living home then, come to think of it!)
And what's with all the bank holidays?! Are your banks EVER open? :)

 
At 8/5/07 19:02, Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I thought it was in August? Haven't I heard the phrase, August Bank Holiday? My forebears are Brits, and I think I remember that.

 
At 8/5/07 19:08, Blogger Kila said...

That TV is definately for a girl's bedroom. But, still, ick!

Sending some "feel better soon" vibes for your back!

 
At 8/5/07 19:26, Blogger Beccy said...

Even I would turn my back on that TV although I think that Mollie would like it.

Your poor back, can dad help in the massage department? Or a deep bath with epsom salts!

 
At 8/5/07 19:56, Blogger Tracey said...

Personally? No. But I'm guessing there are plenty of girls who'd buy a pink tv. I can certainly see it a Pink Princess dorm room, can't you?

 
At 8/5/07 20:31, Blogger Unknown said...

Tie the fence panels to the back of my wheelchair, then I'll wheel them through. It'll cost you a massage though. My back's not what it was!

 
At 8/5/07 21:19, Blogger Amy W said...

My daughter would love that TV as well...I should take a picture of our Mickey Mouse TV for you...

 
At 8/5/07 21:36, Blogger Sabrina said...

Superwoman, let the men do the heavy lifting! I do hope your back gets to feeling better! And I'd have to decline on the tv as well. . .

 
At 8/5/07 21:54, Blogger ChrisB said...

Just in case anyone doesn't know the history of 'bank holidays' which are public holidays here is a link to wikepedia for some detail.

lisa the banks do close although a lot of shops now open on public hols but times are still restricted.

AC our Aug PH has been moved from the beginning to the end of that month. Also when I worked we (civil servants) used to get an extra day in May for the Queens B'day and a half day on Maundy thurs. which was nice so that was 11.5 days on top of annual leave.

Kila thanks for the vibes obviously working as my back seems to have eased (still bit stiff), part of the problem was I'd done a lot of gardening last week so I was aching before I started lifting.

beccy that's a good idea I haven't really soaked in a bath for ages.

tracey my grandaughter would probably love it given half a chance, but she's not allowed a TV in her bedroom.

johng now there's a though we'd have got them moved in no time. pop down at the weekend when they need shifting again!! I was a nurse many moons ago so I used to give a good massage!!

Amyw 'a mickey mouse' TV - a picture would be good.

 
At 8/5/07 21:58, Blogger ChrisB said...

sabrina I don't some how see them selling many.

 
At 8/5/07 22:04, Blogger Sam said...

yewk - it's hideous. My mother and grandmother have long suffered an afflication whereby if you say to them "I love the colour pink" they thereafter think that you must like everything that is pink. And they keep buying you pink things. And they don't buy you things of other colours because you never actually ysaid you liked those other colours too. It doesn't work that way. Plus, there are pinks and then there are pinks. Not all pinks are created equal. ANd my current favourite colour is orange anyway.

Plus who needs a TV when you have a projector?

 
At 8/5/07 22:26, Blogger ChrisB said...

sam you have a birthday coming fairly soon are you hinting you want something 'orange'!! I can't believe its almost a year since we were looking forward to NY.

 
At 8/5/07 23:10, Blogger cookiecrumb said...

Watch out, Sam; you're going to get a lot of orange stuff. You should have qualified it. Sam likes "orange sherbet" or "tangerine." Not hazmat-suit orange.

 
At 8/5/07 23:33, Blogger ChrisB said...

CC I was just over at yours looking at that delicious looking meal.

I'm not reading the bit about 'orange' things !!

 
At 9/5/07 03:17, Blogger my4kids said...

Yeah I'm not into the pink tv thing just not me...at all. The girls would probably like a princess t.v. in their bed room but thats not happening.

Hope your back is feeling better.

 
At 9/5/07 05:35, Blogger sallywrites said...

I hate to admit it, but in our children's playroom they have a pink tv. It only plays DVD's as it has no aerial connection - but they love it!!!

 
At 9/5/07 08:20, Blogger ChrisB said...

my4kids thanks it feels a lot better today

sally I can see kids would like it. I was just so amused to see this little pink set amongst all the sophisticated HD TV's.

 
At 10/5/07 06:28, Blogger Barbara said...

I love pink but I don't think I'd buy it. Just taking a break from writing my Taste OF Yellow round up and catching up on a few favourite blogs.

 
At 10/5/07 07:37, Blogger ChrisB said...

hi barbara it's quite a lot of work doing these round ups, I don't think people realise, good luck with it I'm looking forward to a lot of reading.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home