Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Birthday Meme

Birthday Meme

Terri from my4kids tagged me with this meme:

1. Go to Wikipedia and type in your Birthday Month and day only. January 25

2. List 3 Events that occurred that day:
-1791- The British Parliament passes the Constitutional Act of 1791 and splits the old province of Quebec into Upper and Lower Canada

-1881 - Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell form the Oriental Telephone Company. (where would us bloggers be if this hadn't happened)

-1919 - The League of Nations is founded. ( this was followed by the United Nations after 2nd world war)


3. List 2 important Birth days.
-1759 - Robert Burns, Scottish poet (d. 1796) (well I had to choose this one)

-1882 - Virginia Woolf, English writer (d. 1941) (probably most people have heard of this lady)

4. List 1 Death.
-1981 - Adele Astaire, American dancer (b. 1897) (I loved Fred Astaire films [I was a frustrated dancer in those days]) and didn't realise his older sister was a dancer)

5. List a Holiday or Observance. (if any)
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland) (as I've already mentioned RB I'm going to add a second)

-St. Dwynwen's Day - Welsh celebration of love Diwrnod Santes Dwynwen. ( I enjoyed these legends)

6. Tag 5 other bloggers.
I don't want to pressurise anyone into doing this meme but I'd be delighted if anyone decided to take up the challenge. I found it very interesting reading all the historical events that took place on this date.

Now why didn't I think to tag elena jane she's tagged herself so I will look forward to reading her meme.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 17/4/07 15:16, Blogger frannie said...

my birthday is Jan 23rd! we are just a couple of days apart.

loved the 2nd event.

 
At 17/4/07 15:30, Blogger FH said...

WOW!! Lot of imp things happened on that day Chris!:))

Enjoyed reading the MeMe!!

 
At 17/4/07 17:01, Blogger ChrisB said...

frannie I seem to remember us being fellow aquarians

asha I really enjoyed looking up all the information.

 
At 17/4/07 18:18, Blogger Beccy said...

I never knew Fred had a sister either!

 
At 17/4/07 18:32, Blogger my4kids said...

Another January birthday. I am not an aquarian though since mines the 9th. January is a good month. Thanks for doing the meme. I find the information interesting don't you?

 
At 17/4/07 18:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting....and i never get tagged, so eventually just tag myself!! :)

 
At 17/4/07 20:09, Blogger ChrisB said...

my4kids I got caught up in reading all the history, trouble is I don't retain it.

elena jane don't feel left out, I am delighted to nominate you so consider yourself tagged and I will remember you in the future (you might wish you hadn't been so willing)!!!

 
At 19/4/07 18:22, Blogger ~ej said...

ahh, thx for the tag and nomination....lol, you don't have to tag me every time now...those cooking memes are a bit above my current culinary capabilities :)

 
At 20/4/07 04:30, Blogger Pamela said...

be cautious with wikpedia. I've caught erroneous info on it.

I didn't know Fred Astaire had a sister... much less that she was a dancer, too.

I think about him when I watch Dancing With the Stars. Wonder what he would think about that show.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home