Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Day 5 Guy Fawkes or Bonfire Night

Yes I do remember the rhyme that went something like this :-

'Remember,remember, the fifth of November,Gunpowder, Treason and Plot, I see no reason why gunpowder treason should ever be forgot'

I do love a good firework display and will no doubt be seeing some in the skies after dark tonight. So sorry no pictures to show you!

My topic for today is a little project that I have been following right across the road from our house. The chap who lives in the house on the corner sold off his garden (and it wasn't really that big). It took several years and lots of planning applications, before he finally got consent for a house to be built. 
I was really worried that trees which shield the houses would be felled, but thankfully the council would not allow that (I wrote in with my objections to getting rid of the trees), as they did not want an exit onto the main road. They did however allow a walking exit and last week I noticed this being constructed between some of the trees which have been severely pruned. 
I can now see the house taking shape so it will be interesting to see it when it it completed. The guy who bought the plot is living in a caravan and doing a lot of the work himself.
This is what it looks like at the moment... 'view from my front porch'... now that rings a bell!!


Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 5/11/13 15:42, Blogger Unknown said...

Doesn't seem too intrusive at present!

 
At 5/11/13 20:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

I agree John but time will tell!

 
At 5/11/13 23:34, Blogger karisma said...

It looks a bit close to the trees. The pruning does look a bit drastic too. One would think they would want them lush to block out the road. Poor trees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home