Monday, October 12, 2009

Fun Monday # 138 Gadgets



This week our hostess is Wendy (as an aside I first met Wendy through plurk and she is great fun). She has chosen gadgets for the topic and she wants to know......

what gadgets we can’t live without and those we could get rid of.

My daughters often say I'm a gadget person but when I actually looked around the house wondering what to choose for this post I couldn't really see much.

So what do I use most and would just hate to be without; well it has to be the computer. I probably spend more time on this than I do on anything else. Especially as I've recently joined Facebook and got myself addicted to Farmville. Yes it was on the screen when I took the picture yesterday.

Alongside the computer my camera is the other thing I would be lost without. I almost always have it in my bag just in case I find something interesting to capture for my blog.

I haven't really come up with anything I would get rid of, what I tend to do is shove it out of sight just in case...not a good practice.
Sorry this is a bit dull and uninspiring but it's the taking part that counts.

Archives:
2008: A Sunday Drive
2007: Yolks on me
2006: Leaving on a Jet Plane

Labels: , , ,

15 Comments:

At 12/10/09 00:27, Blogger Barbara said...

We wouldn't be without our GPS unit. I resisted Bryan wanting to get one for the first 12 months when we moved here. One day in traffic in Brisbane I threw the map in the air and said ok get yourself a GPS. Best decision we ever made. We took it with us on our visit to Sydney last month and we were able to drive all over the city without getting lost or frustrated.

 
At 12/10/09 00:58, Blogger Peter said...

If my big screen TV hadn't died my post would have definitely been about the computer and its many accessories.

 
At 12/10/09 01:03, Blogger Pamela said...

(I want a GPS unit Barbara)

Wow, Chris... I've got to think about this

 
At 12/10/09 01:21, Anonymous Janis said...

I choose the same two things as you. Life would be so dull without our computers wouldn't it!

 
At 12/10/09 01:25, Blogger Amrita said...

Don 't have many gadgets. But I could do without my cell phone. The landline would be OK.
I' 'd keep my camera and computer.
The microwavew could go maybe the blender.

 
At 12/10/09 02:58, Blogger Sayre said...

I carry my camera with me too, but I rarely think of it as being separate... weird, huh? I love my computer, but if I had to, I could live without it (I just don't want to!!!).

 
At 12/10/09 04:14, Blogger Faye said...

I agree with you about the computer, Chris. Mine has helped me "retire well" and not bug my working friends. There's so many ways to stay connected with the world through a computer. You've gotten into a good habit with always having your camera handy--never know when there'll be a Kodak moment!

 
At 12/10/09 06:38, Anonymous wendishness said...

No way is it dull and boring, those are the two most important things in my gadget collection too so I say it's pure brilliance - a gal after my own heart ;)

 
At 12/10/09 15:58, Anonymous daffy said...

I'm not very gadgetified! I still have a wireless!
My kids have i-pods and phones with internet and pens that turn inot flame throwers but I'm just a simple girl! hehe
I'll have to find you on facebook!
(oooh I do have an overside telly but not HD or Sky plus... I'm getting there!)

 
At 12/10/09 17:01, Blogger Jill said...

It took me forever to get to my post this morning as I had forgotten it was Monday! Alas, mine seems dreary with no pictures, but I do enjoy playing along...

 
At 12/10/09 18:13, Anonymous Swampy said...

Oh, I agree 100%. Don't touch my computer or my camera !
When either of them is on the blink, I am almost useless !

 
At 12/10/09 21:11, Blogger Gattina said...

It's just as my gadgets, except I forgot to mention my camera, I couldn't live without it either !

 
At 13/10/09 14:00, Blogger Stephanie, Mama Dramatist said...

Well I can't say I'm surprised by the gadgets you chose, but I AM surprised you didn't include a cooking gadget!

Or maybe you just don't want to reveal any of your cooking secrets... Hee!

 
At 13/10/09 14:31, Blogger ChrisB said...

Stephanie, funny you mention that because I do have a few that I wouldn't be without. Especially my really sharp knife-everyone needs to stay clear when that's in my hand LOL.

 
At 14/10/09 02:49, Blogger Living Life said...

I don't know what us bloggers would do without our computers!! Isn't technology grand??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home