Thursday, October 12, 2006

Leaving on a jet plane...



'All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go....' as sung by Peter, Paul & Mary in the 60's or maybe early 70's. Well I'm almost there, main problem is Virgin have reduced the size of hand luggage and my cabin bag is a couple of inches too deep, and none of my other bags quite fit their specifications. In the past this has not been a problem, soooo should I risk it or not, that was the dilemma. I decided 'not' as I didn't want any undue agro at check in.
I rushed out to try and buy a slightly smaller roller bag but all the ones I saw were too big, so I returned home empty handed. I finally found a small suitcase belonging to my mother that fitted the spec but I know that carrying this will aggravate my shoulder problem but I guess I'll just have to put up with it.

So this will be my last post until Oct 21 at the earliest. Hopefully I will have some interesting bits and pieces and photos to show you. Goodbye until then and New England here we come.

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 12/10/06 18:35, Blogger Beccy said...

Enjoy Mum, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time!

 
At 12/10/06 18:47, Blogger ChrisB said...

thank you Beccy will ring you when I get home

 
At 12/10/06 19:24, Blogger Sam said...

I WISH YOU WERE COMING TO SEE ME. i MISS YOU 8.(

 
At 12/10/06 21:05, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam I miss you too, hopefully I'll come and see you next year

 
At 12/10/06 21:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope u have a very very very good time!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 13/10/06 07:10, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mollie I am sure it will be gr8 fun and I look forward to telling you all about it when I get back luv Grandma please give my luv to Ben and Dillon x

 
At 13/10/06 20:16, Blogger Dillon said...

Yo one and all (mainly those who know me) i've been gone for ages but im back and any amount of time spent not in the blogging community can only make me stronger so prepare to get crazy...
i know this seems like advertising but i had t let you know seeing as you'd probably stopped looking at my blog by now. have a nice time by the way!!!
dillon

 
At 15/10/06 20:44, Blogger Beccy said...

Check out mischief-monkey.blogspot.com

 
At 20/10/06 22:55, Blogger ChrisB said...

Dillon I did not stop looking for your 'thoughts but as they were few and far between I visited less frequently. I did have a lovely time and I will be writing about some of it as soon as I get over my jet lag. Grandma

 

Post a Comment

<< Home