Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Inspiration

Today I have been frantically busy with mundane things like cleaning, ironing and visits to the beautician and hairdresser (how I wish they could work miracles) in readiness for my holiday which begins on Fri. My big dilemma when planning a holiday is always what clothes to take. My husband would say I take everything but the kitchen sink (well you have to be prepared don't you? I would not admit to taking far too much and not wearing half of it). This is why I have left myself plenty of time to pack tomorrow. I suppose the sensible thing to do is check the weather in NY and Boston for the coming week but everyone I know who has visited New England says the weather is similar to here which is currently heavy showers but fairly warm. So if anyone who happens to read this has any advice on what 'the must see or do's are in Boston' it would be appreciated.

The only photo for today is of a delicious smoothie I made from an organic natural yoghurt base with strawberries, raspberries, pears, mango, pineapple and banana. Delicious and a habit I have acquired since my retirement.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 11/10/06 22:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great holiday. I deliberately "don't take enough clothes" so I have an excuse to buy new ones.

 
At 11/10/06 22:57, Blogger ChrisB said...

Barbara now that's a good thought particularly as I do intend to visit a shopping Mall.

 
At 12/10/06 07:59, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look nice I might make one.

 
At 12/10/06 08:02, Blogger Beccy said...

I'd better make sure I have the ingredients then Mollie!

Have to agree they look yummy?

Pack whatever you want Mum, the luggage allowance is huge! Just remember you have to carry it all. Don't forget a spare bag for your extra purchases!

 
At 12/10/06 08:34, Blogger ChrisB said...

Mollie you can make them when you visit me at Christmas.

Beccy would I forget that but didn't you say you wanted me to get a bag for you like the one you bought in NY but bigger? I cant precisely remember what it looks like you ought to sent a photo. What colour would you like?

 
At 12/10/06 17:13, Blogger anisopteras said...

It looks like a cold snap is on the way to the east coast. Canada left her back door open (low pressure area sweeping off the plains). It's highs of 40- 50 F (6-10 C) and lows of 30 F (1 C) in Michigan right now (as well as some snow) and this weather should reach the east coast in a day or so.

You can check the weather for a specific area at this website. http://www.wunderground.com/ Just type in city or zip codes (aka postal codes).

Have a wonderful and safe holiday.

 
At 12/10/06 17:59, Blogger ChrisB said...

Thank you for the weather info I might need to re-think my wardrobe and I will check out the website you recommend as we are travelling a bit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home