Sunday, October 01, 2006

Nothing Special

Today has been miserable, dark and gloomy with far too much rain definitely a day to stay home. So I could no longer find any excuse to prevent me starting the decorating preparation. I spent the morning clearing the room and moving furniture. My hall now looks as though I am having a table-top sale as its full of china, and the pine dresser is now in the dining room, all very cluttered, I am sure you get the picture. After lunch I started peeling off wall paper and thought I would soon have the walls clean but it didn't quite work out as planned. I'm suffering with a frozen shoulder and after a couple of hours I stiffened up and could no longer raise my arms above shoulder height. I also found a damp patch and had to treat some mould. That's the trouble with old houses, this one was built in 1851, and its always a case of one job leading to another.

Anyway here's the picture to prove I have made a start
I think a little celebration is called for and the bottle of champagne I have on ice is calling me; so is Mike who would like his dinner so bye for today.

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 1/10/06 19:26, Blogger Beccy said...

Hey, Champagne after a few hours stripping wallpaper, oh to be retired!

 
At 1/10/06 19:28, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohhhhh I hate champagne
Mollie

 
At 1/10/06 20:08, Blogger ChrisB said...

Becs Well it is also my official retirement day; and so I opened the bottle of chamagne that Cathy had given me. Thank you Cathy and cheers.

Mollie you never know when you grow up you may like it. What is your favourite drink- let me guess is it coke?

 
At 1/10/06 20:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have some champers in the fridge
maybe i need to open it in unison to give you moral support from across the atlantic, cos Becs is obviously giving you a hard time about it and that is not nice of her, is it.

 
At 1/10/06 20:24, Blogger ChrisB said...

Sam as we speak I am raising my glass to you and Fred. I may ring you later. mum

 
At 1/10/06 21:12, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i better turn on my phone then

 
At 1/10/06 22:16, Blogger Beccy said...

Ohhh lad-de-dah to the both of you.
Sam have you lost your sense of humour lately?

 
At 1/10/06 22:53, Blogger Sam said...

no my humour is still right here where it always has been, but like a brut champagne it can be rather dry.

 
At 4/10/06 18:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

grandma i hope you will fix your breakfast room soon

 
At 4/10/06 18:58, Blogger Beccy said...

Ben did all the typing himself!

 
At 4/10/06 21:42, Blogger ChrisB said...

Ben you are so clever to type this yourself. I am impressed. I wish you were here to help me. I expect it will be fixed by the time you come to visit me next love Grandma x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home